New Purchase questions
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: New Purchase questions

New Purchase questions

Hi All,

New here and just had a few questions before purchase. Dealer salesperson said the TW should be used 80% Road and 20% Trail. My intentions were just the opposite in regards to my riding being 80% Trail and 20% Road. Just wanted to hear from you guys with experience on what your thoughts are?
    littletommy and TWilight like this.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Use it however you wan to use it. The bike can handle it.

Enjoy and good luck with your purchase.

Be safe.

Dealer is crazy. These things thrive on trails. That's why they did not call it street way!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

It really depends on your intentions. If you intend to use it like a regular dirt bike - fast and hard - you'll be disappointed because that's not what it's intended to do. But if you intend to use it as an exploration vehicle that can carry you (plus your lunch, luggage, tools, and probably a pal) around all day like a sure-footed mule, then this bike will crawl over rough trails all day long.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Go to the Trails, Off-Road, and Adventure Riding thread and view some of the posts, pictures, and video's and see for yourself if the TW is the right machine for you. Also, there are some members with some awesome off-site Blogs which have great pictures and videos. Look for those links in members signature areas at the end of one of their posts.

Good luck.

Trails, Off-road, and Adventure Riding
    littletommy, Will7468 and TWilight like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Thanks everyone thats what I thought, but resepect what you all had to say and going to buy it. Fits my type of riding now to be honest.

Welcome Will,

Now I will be the first to ask. Where you from??????

Ride how you want, sales guy has no idea what he's talking about, if he hasn't tried to sell you on a bigger bike I'm sure he will try and talk you out of the TW to go to a bigger bike.

80% dirt, try and get them to change out the front tire to make the deal. Shinko 244 and the 241 are good choices. 4.60
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

It will do anything except go fast.
    Phelonius

THIS... I even call mine "the mule"...

Quote Originally Posted by LuvNot View Post
    It really depends on your intentions. If you intend to use it like a regular dirt bike - fast and hard - you'll be disappointed because that's not what it's intended to do. But if you intend to use it as an exploration vehicle that can carry you (plus your lunch, luggage, tools, and probably a pal) around all day like a sure-footed mule, then this bike will crawl over rough trails all day long.

Use it on trails all you want.

It's fully compatible on streets as well.

Where it's NOT so good, unless you up your final-drive gearing, is highways. A 200cc enduro just cannot happily do 60 mph...oh, it'll do it in short bursts, but it's spinning far too fast for its design. Your fuel mileage will drop; your mirrors will blur; your hands will go numb and you'll never, ever feel so happy to ride slow again.

If you get into this in a big way, there are posters here who've built 225 or 250cc versions of the same engine; sometimes with six-speed transmissions. With those you can reasonably expect to hit 65 - except, remember, that chassis is not a BMW GS. It's fine for what it's designed to do - but design does factor in. You wouldn't take a Gold Wing on a fire trail; and you cannot expect to take a TW on a hundred-mile Interstate run.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links