Washington Riders!!! 2016 Dirty Face Dual Sport Event
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Washington Riders!!! 2016 Dirty Face Dual Sport Event

Washington Riders!!! 2016 Dirty Face Dual Sport Event

I found this just by googling "dual sport events Washington" their website and facebook page doesn't provide much info. Just the fact it is an event for dual sports and is Leavenworth WA I imagine it has to be good.
    I am going to go.
    If anyone else goes we should group up the TW's for the lunch after to meet each other.

If anyone knows any information about the event please reply here. Thanks.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Neat find. For such a big event, I'm surprised that I've never heard of it. You're right, there isn't a lot of info on the web. It appears to be a large event with camping, food and all. 130+ miles of mixed dual-sport riding. This year it is June 18, 2016. The registration form is here: http://lakewenatcheerecclub.com/yaho...6.94135216.pdf

I'm interested, I'm just really not a big fan of the large group rides. I would like to ride the area and get the GPS tracks though.

There are several older videos on YouTube, like this one:

- Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-54 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114folding shifter

Sounds like it would be a lot of fun!
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Where have you been, tree bobby?! A few awesome annual events are already behind us. T-dub riders are gathered and riding right now through next weekend out of Montesano, WA from our friend plumbstraight's house. I keep a list of nearby events on Page 1 of the Washington State t-dubbers sticky thread here: https://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-o...html#post95126 I added this one, the Touratech Rally, and I will continue to update it as I hear of new stuff.

Sound Rider! has a good list too: http://www.soundrider.com/current/16...view-2016.aspx
    Last edited by Leisure Time Larry; 05-16-2016 at 08:47 PM.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-54 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114folding shifter

I'm thinking about going if I can get a bigger tank? Hmmmm...

I've heard that there is a fuel stop. Busy, but there is one if you can't take along a rotopax or something.
    DANo896 likes this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I'll ride with fellow TW'ers. Having to pay to ride with a bunch of adrenalin dirt squirters on dirt bikes is not my cup of tea.

My June is tied up with family anyway, I do hope to make the ride in eastern wa manastash area. Lot of game to see and some great riding.
    dette, goldenhtr and littletommy like this.

Bump. The Dirty Face is this Saturday! I wasn't planning to go, but my buddy that rides a skinny tire bike found out about it and has been bugging me to go, so we're going. Arriving Friday afternoon. Maybe I'll see some of your there.
    Last edited by Leisure Time Larry; 06-16-2016 at 04:48 PM.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

So, did anybody else here end up going? I saw 2 other tdubs besides mine, although I didn't get a chance to find and chat up their riders. It was pretty nasty weather on Saturday, but my friend Kevin and I rode over half of the planned ride from Lake Wenatchee to Entiat. They had a checkpoint at the Lake Entiat Grill where we stopped for lunch. The volunteer event staff said that we were the 3rd and 4th riders to check in. I was shocked. There looked to be 100-150 riders in the morning, but I'm not sure of that number. Apparently, many turned back at the 25 mile checkpoint. There were around 20 of us that made the 81 mile ride to Entiat. The club called off the second half because of the slime mud. We slabbed it back 55 miles of highway back to camp. Others did take a different route back off-road through the hills on a more gravelly route, but they were going to leave much later. We had already eaten and had been there for a while. When the rain stopped, we hit the highway.

I have more of a write up on my blog: http://leisuretimelarry.wordpress.com

Enjoy the video!

Last edited by Leisure Time Larry; 06-23-2016 at 06:58 AM.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    So, did anybody else here end up going? I saw 2 other tdubs besides mine, although I didn't get a chance to find and chat up their riders. It was pretty nasty weather on Saturday, but my friend Kevin and I rode over half of the planned ride from Lake Wenatchee to Entiat. They had a checkpoint at the Lake Entiat Grill where we stopped for lunch. The volunteer event staff said that we were the 3rd and 4th riders to check in. I was shocked. There looked to be 100-150 riders in the morning, but I'm not sure of that number. Apparently, many turned back at the 25 mile checkpoint. There were around 20 of us that made the ride to 81 mile ride to Entiat. The club called off the second half because of the slime mud. We slabbed it back 55 miles of highway back to camp. Others did take a different route back off-road through the hills on a more gravelly route, but they were going to leave much later. We had already eaten and had been there for a while. When the rain stopped, we hit the highway.

I have more of a write up on my blog: http://leisuretimelarry.wordpress.com

Enjoy the video!

This was entertaining to watch. I like how the bleeping increased throughout the video, ha ha. Calling AAA to take you back to camp, not a bad idea! You need a 2nd TW and let Kevin ride it when you tow are out and about in the woods. Will keep him slowed down a tad. Thanks for the video. For some reason, I now feel cold, damp, and have to pee!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links