Nike - Hercules Missile
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Nike - Hercules Missile

Nike - Hercules Missile

Found this (with the TW) in St. Bonifacius, MN this morning, thought it was interesting!

The Minneapolis area had a bunch of these missile basses to protect the grain, iron ore, cattle, and timber hubs...I believe.

I've also read that during the Cold War, Russia had ICBMs aimed on the Minneapolis area to damage the said industries listed above.

Before my time....

Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

There were quite a few of these tucked around my area, but they don't like to proudly display them like this... Maybe because of the 'the lab'. The county actually got in some serious trouble for using the silos to dump confiscated waste, which they ended having to pay to remove. I used to have a list of locations in ny/nJ and possibly nation wide when I was younger and obsessed with the project rainbow/Phoenix lore.

538-4.jpg
    I realized we were way too close when this picture was taken.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dabsdog View Post
    538-4.jpg
    I realized we were way too close when this picture was taken.
    Do tell! At least the missile is heading in the right direction and not downward.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

I found this BOMARC missile base when I was a kid, it was still secret then and no fences..? Can't believe these kids snuck on an active military base.. Especially with that knife.. in today's world they would probably see federal prison time if caught. There is a lot more in that missile base that these guys didn't show.. Don't ask...

There was a bad fire there, one of the missiles caught on fire. The nuclear waste contaminated our ground water from it eventually, we had to move... I live on the other side of town now..

If you look at the pics in my profile the pic of the bike in front of the lake is 1 mile from that base. They (we) found all kinds of deformed wildlife there years ago. I'll probably have the mule at the gates in a few hours to have a fresh look see. Haven't been out that way in a while.

This you tube guy thinks it's Nike, but it's BOMARC ...

Pics of silo that burned.. There were allot of missiles here back in the day. This is now a joint services base... Top secret stuff.. I'm sure the ruskies have there missiles pointed at my backyard.

Official disclosure

image.jpeg.
    image.jpeg
    Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 05-29-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Long live the internal combustion engine!

in the marin headlands just north of san francisco:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike_Missile_Site_SF-88
    Rickhem and littletommy like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

For the adventurous homeowner with spare cash to burn you can buy one to retro fit as a home
    Missile bases, communication bunkers and underground properties

Always wanted to have a go at it, but I'm a little lacking in the wealth department
    '01 TW200, '03 Z1000, '09 KLR 650, '13 CRF250L

Quote Originally Posted by Hidebound View Post
    For the adventurous homeowner with spare cash to burn you can buy one to retro fit as a home
    Missile bases, communication bunkers and underground properties

Always wanted to have a go at it, but I'm a little lacking in the wealth department
    Aren't we all? There was a silo/home for sale upstate New York for a dumb low price considering it came with 100 acres and a landing strip. Used to drool over it, thinking lotto money. Not much has changed come to think of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links