NJ Pinebarrens North End Ride
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: NJ Pinebarrens North End Ride

NJ Pinebarrens North End Ride

I got invited by pred last night, another member here to hit the NJ Pinebarrens South End this morning but my seat foam and cover were off and I had to work.. But I kept thinking I really wanted tho go and there was no way to skip work.So I got up early worked on the seat, went to work, snuck back finished seat, went back to work! Then got oil for an oil change and still made it to the woods for a 66+ mile ride. I missed pred so I hit the nort end.

Now this isn't the wonderful Wild West most of you guys got, but it's the best we got in southern jersey, banjo country as it were!

Some pics:

I was a long way out, on a ride to see the pristine lakes of the NJ Pinebarrens.
    image.jpeg

Its not all strait! lol
    image.jpeg

The lakes are way out there but they sure are pretty and no people!
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I also visited the BOMARC missile base..
    Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 06-04-2016 at 06:43 PM.

BOMARC Missile Base.. New gates!
    image.jpeg

It's like a jungle! lol I'll go again but there were heavy military vehicles roaming the woods and my cloaking device was working.
    image.jpeg

The End..
    image.jpeg
    Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 06-05-2016 at 09:27 AM.

That looks like a great riding area! It actually looks pretty similar to some of the dirt roads around here, near the Tennessee River.
    I have a friend who is from that area (now lives in PA) who in his 40s had only had two vehicles in his life, and still had both: a Sportster and a 404 Unimog. He drove/rode both all over the Barrens.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WECSOG View Post
    That looks like a great riding area! It actually looks pretty similar to some of the dirt roads around here, near the Tennessee River.
    I have a friend who is from that area (now lives in PA) who in his 40s had only had two vehicles in his life, and still had both: a Sportster and a 404 Unimog. He drove/rode both all over the Barrens.
    Unimogs are awesome. I almost bought one but the reduction gears opinion the end of the axles were full of water..
    WECSOG and Smitty Blackstone like this.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I am interested in the missile base tour.

Next time you think you want to head out there, let me know. Maye we can get some people together and make a day of it. I bet Werloc would join us. It is about a 2 hour drive for me to get there to exit 6 of the turnpike, then about another 50 min or so to the Ranger station on, I think it is 206 or 202.

If anyone from Long Island wants to come, you can meet me on the Bruckner or 95 South before the GW bridge. I'll have my 7X16 Trailer with just my TW in it so I'll have room for at least 2 more TWs.

Looks like the wild wild east has great places to ride from what I can see. I like it.

For some reason, I can't see your pictures in the second post, I'll have to imagine!

Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Looks like the wild wild east has great places to ride from what I can see. I like it.

For some reason, I can't see your pictures in the second post, I'll have to imagine!

Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks, I'll try to keep it coming, everyone loves pics!

Been having issues with the forum hanging loading ads, sometimes getting pics uploaded has been an issue the past few days. I think it's fixed. There are some hills down this way but the police stings for off roaders has shut lots of areas. There are "0" legal public lands unless it's a maintained dirt road. No trails at all are legal. We find a way.. It's a bad way to have to live. The give the tree huggers all they want but nothing has been set aside for us.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post

Been having issues with the forum hanging loading ads, sometimes getting pics uploaded has been an issue the past few days. I think it's fixed. There are some hills down this way but the police stings for off roaders has shut lots of areas. There are "0" legal public lands unless it's a maintained dirt road. No trails at all are legal. We find a way.. It's a bad way to have to live. The give the tree huggers all they want but nothing has been set aside for us.
    Around here it's pure corruption that closes roads. Hunting clubs pay a lot of money to big landowners (timber and mining companies, mainly) for hunting leases, then use it as their own private kingdom. Theoretically that lease just gives them the right to hunt there during season, but what they actually do is put gates on the public (but usually not county maintained) roads and give a key to all the members, the big landowner, and anyone else who happens to own any land beyond the gate. They often clinch the deal by giving the local sheriff a free membership so he will enforce their illegal gate.
    We still manage to have some great trails around here though; sometimes because there are just so many people whose primary recreational activity is offroading and the "enforcers" of some areas finally just give up on trying to keep all the holes plugged. But sometimes because someone with some clout works to keep the roads open.

There is one area near me where a private landowner owned several thousand acres. He spent his own money to gate the roads and gave keys to anyone who could prove they either owned land beyond the gates, or held a valid lease. I think he died and his heirs put the land up; anyway it came up on the market for whatever reason and a wealthy doctor bought it. This doctor thinks like us, and he took all the locks off the gates and left them open.
    Some of the landowners and (especially) lease holders would like to see the gates closed again, so they can again have their own private playground. But they know the doctor would just cut the locks off and maybe drag them into court over it, so they leave it alone.
    Last edited by WECSOG; 06-05-2016 at 10:15 AM.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    After reading your post, and then reading another one from some days ago, I learned that the PB are CLOSED? Does this mean TOTALLY closed?

If this is true, this genuinely sucks. What is also unfortunate, is I can't risk losing my bike to some impound that is hours away.

There are only expletives that I can type after this...

Dryden-Tdub likes this.

BOMARC Missile Base.. New gates!

It's like a jungle! lol I'll go again but there were heavy military vehicles roaming the woods and my cloaking device was working.

The End..
    image.jpeg
    What box is that on the back? Have another pic?
    1991 TW200

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links