Like Tree16Likes
  • 6 Post By dabsdog
  • 2 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By Rickhem
  • 5 Post By Kasky
  • 1 Post By JustPassinThru

Thread: "I wan't to go home!"

"I wan't to go home!"

That's what my Niece said after seeing a Black Bear while riding on our property 3 miles west of the Watkins Glen race track.

Quote Originally Posted by dabsdog View Post
    That's what my Niece said after seeing a Black Bear while riding on our property 3 miles west of the Watkins Glen race track.

Maybe she snuggled up a bit closer to you that night?? ha ha
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Had a bear run across the road in front of me last year. Got it on camera but it's way to far away in the recording for ya'll to see what it was. Played in slowmo all you see is a black dot sort of. With the natural eye it was pretty close and cool.

You could see the bear pretty good in this one so I know it was pretty close with the natural eye. Thanks for sharing.
    littletommy and JerseyJeeper like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Looks like the pace picked up a bit riding past where that bear was.
    LOL
    admiral and littletommy like this.
    2009 TW200
    2000 V-Star Classic
    1986 HD Sportster (sold)
    1975 Yamaha DT125 (sold)

I have one that wont leave my yard. 8 feet tall but not real aggressive.

Attachment 31098

Quote Originally Posted by dabsdog View Post
    Ha!

I have had some acquaintance with black bears. In the Adirondacks - where, when I was a kid, we used to take our three-week summer vacations.

A lot of things going on there. My old man, a bookish engineer, had trifled with the out-of-doors on and off all his life. He nearly became a Mining Engineer; he applied to the School of Mines in Colorado. Instead, he opted to use his GI Bill at an Ivy League school.

But he did some fishing and canoeing when he was young and before I arrived. And...that three-week period up near Blue Mountain Lake.

There were two salient features to those times. First, was the new **HOME MOVIE CAMERA** offered by Bell & Howell. Super 8 with no sound. Then...there were DUMPS.

Not landfills. Those came about ten years later. These were open DUMPS. Once a month the town dump custodian would set fire to it, and stand by with his little Cat dozer ready to push over any pile that looked likely to spread fire to the surrounding woods.

Dumps. And, not much plastic. Everything was paper, food or glass.

And the bears LOVED It.

They'd amble into the dump for dinner at around an hour before sunset. That would be when we'd make our garbage run. And my old man got the camera out, this one summer...the Three Bears were chowing down; and he got out of the old Rambler and wandered in for a close-up. Keep in mind...no zoom lenses in those days, at least not on cheap home-movie equipment.

Mister Bear didn't like having his dinner disturbed by this creature with a thing growing out of his face. So; he arose from his table-pile...and gave chase.

I think that was the fastest I'd ever seen my father move. I know it was the last time he tried to make bears into movie stars...
    Last edited by JustPassinThru; 06-08-2016 at 08:55 AM.
    littletommy likes this.

Sponosred Links