• 5 Post By Jeff in Iznajar
  • 2 Post By joeband
  • 3 Post By admiral
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 3 Post By Jeff in Iznajar
  • 1 Post By Fred

Thread: Overnight camp in Southern Spain

Overnight camp in Southern Spain

A report on the overnight at Pantano Del Bermejales, Southern Spain June 29-30. The journey there was comfortable apart from a section after Fuente del Conde, Cordoba where the decent surface was very loose, the farmers had put another track across the field but not knowing this we decided to follow the route. It took five hours in heat of over 40C (104F) to get to the place that we eventually stayed for the night, a total of 113 kilometres mainly off road at slow speed, after scouting about for suitable spots our chosen camp site for the evening was well away from roads and the nearest track was just a footpath. Brendan (aged 73) unfortunately toppled over while slowly negotiating a turn during which he lost contact between the ground and his feet, happily no damage was done to either the bike or the rider. After choosing the camp we travelled back along the lakeside to replenish our fuel supplies, surprisingly between us both the cost was less than seven euros. We had dinner at the official camp site restaurant, looked around the site and beach area, then headed back around 20:30 to set up camp before dark. It's illegal to wild camp here so set up at dusk and take down at dawn. The night was quite cold (15C) on the lakeside and there was the constant noise of fish breaking the surface of the water in the small bay beside us plus what I can only assume were woodpeckers constantly hammering at trees in the woods all around, around fifteen geese paddled past us heading for the beach area closer to the dam. At dawn the herons flying above us made sure we were awake with the loud calling, Dogs barking in the distance and the woods alive with bird calls, what a great place to wake up and view the vista before us. We packed all our gear away by 09:00 not wanting to be seen if anyone was taking their morning walk, as it was we didn't see anyone at all on our ride along the lakeside back towards civilisation. Back at the campsite bar we had breakfast and a coffee, quick wash and brush up and we started to head home. On the return section some of the tracks were little more than donkey routes from years ago, wide enough for a cart but the surface in places was loose and extremely steep, Brendan likened it to "full blown trials riding". Twice we came across fences blocking the way, the first was at the top of the steepest and hardest ascent so rather than going back we managed to move it enough to get past and then put it back as we found it. The second detour was not as simple, there was a pad lock on the posts but a sign saying " sierra de puerta". After some debate we took an adjacent track and following a compass bearing we eventually picked up on the original route. The tracks were physically extremely demanding on this journey so when we got to Salar just 39 km from our starting point and two and a half hours into the ride we decided to take to the tarmac for the remainder of the journey, get home, have a shower and a beer. I have to say a big congratulations to Brendan, at eleven years my senior he bought the bike to take on these adventures. I only hope that I have his stamina and determination when I get there (if I do). We are hoping for more riders on future adventures, if there are any TW200 riders hiding out there and living in my part of the world, please get in contact. Spain's a big place with lots of tracks and no trespass law. Regards Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff

Iznajar

Cordoba

Spain

TW200 2005

P1170297.JPGStarting out.
    Jeff

Iznajar

Cordoba

Spain

TW200 2005

i lived a year in granada, wonderful country. thanks for the views of your ride, many more adventures.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Looked like a great ride.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Great Report Jeff!! Looking forward to more!!

Jeff in Iznajar likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I would love to post more reports of adventures here in Southern Spain but unfortunately most riders here seem to prefer the sports style of machine and neglect to enjoy the real countryside. My friend Brendan purchased his TW200 only three weeks ago so we both now have the same ride. I would say that the majority of adventure bikes would not have managed to negotiate the route that the mighty Tdubs got us through, these small bikes never fail to amaze me.
    Fred, littletommy and bad luck like this.
    Jeff

Iznajar

Cordoba

Spain

TW200 2005

More adventure reports, please! Like to see others enjoying touring TWs through the less traveled countryside. Most adventure bike riders don't know what their missing. Sounds ike a great camping ride.
    littletommy likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sponosred Links