Sierra Group Ride Sunday Survivor's Ride.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Sierra Group Ride Sunday Survivor's Ride.

Sierra Group Ride Sunday Survivor's Ride.

Admiral, Mrs.Admiral, Evan and I went for a 50 mile ride Sunday after all the others had to unfortunately head home, too bad as they missed some more variety.

From my place we road to two local peaks,one naked and the other with a fire lookout tower, then two local lakes and a few miles of smooth abandoned rail road grade. We even rode some asphalt!
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

EWB
    Good stuff....Sorry to have missed it but I needed to head back to reality. How did you NOT do some donuts on that beach!
    admiral and littletommy like this.

I satisfied my donut craving previous day in a mud puddle.
    Admiral's video captures the moment.
    Last edited by Fred; 07-12-2016 at 11:21 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The Selfie's from Sunday! Yes, I love taking selfie's with whoever will let me!
    IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0878.JPG
    IMG_0894.JPG

You guys are having just too much fun. It's just not fair! Just keep it up and everyone will be too envious to post.
    Mrs. Admiral and admiral like this.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

Mrs. Admiral ( Location: Wherever the Admiral is) is turning into quite an accomplished rider.
    The road to Verdi Peak was much rougher than I had both remembered and promised to Mrs. Admiral yet she did just fine for a rookie. After the fire lookout tower we let Lori go ahead as I wanted to take just the manly crowd up LadyBug Peak's twisty access road and figured we could quickly catch up to her after only a 5 minute detour....Well she really boogied down the mountain far ahead of us. Chasing her I eventually encountered some guys coming uphill in a big ol' truck. "Seen a girl on a motorcycle" I asked..."Yeah, she's waiting for you guys down the hill" was the reply.
    Admiral has a real winner with Lori.
    Both are really fantastic people and now have joint custody of the well earned and richly deserved Traveling LZRBRTH Award they received at Saturday's pot roast dinner.
    Last edited by Fred; 07-13-2016 at 01:26 PM.
    Weebles, elime, mhomadness and 5 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Sunday was a fun day! We were all a bit sore at the start but soon the excitement of riding took over. I was having a tough time going over the loose rocks on the way to Verdi peak and glanced in my mirrors to see how far back Lori was. She was right friggin behind me.....probably saying "get going old man"...... On the way down to the lakes I had to tell Fred to quit riding slow cuz she is easily keeping up! So Fred went back to normal speed and everyone was happy. Was a really fun day of zooming around on our Tdubs! At the end of our ride we came up on a stranded dirtbike rider who ran out of gas. Was about to give him my extra fuel bottle gas but his buddies were coming back soon with gas and there was plenty of daylight left.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Looks awesome...hopefully someday I can tow my TDUB west and roll with you left coasters...great trails/and fun riding buddies ... really would love to attend a MOAB rally... someday
    littletommy, admiral and Fred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    The road to Verdi Peak was much rougher than I had both remembered and promised to Mrs. Admiral yet she did just fine for a rookie. Chasing her I eventually encountered some guys coming uphill in a big ol' truck. "Seen a girl on a motorcycle" I asked..."Yeah, she's waiting for you guys down the hill" was the reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    glanced in my mirrors to see how far back Lori was. She was right friggin behind me.....probably saying "get going old man"...... On the way down to the lakes I had to tell Fred to quit riding slow cuz she is easily keeping up! So Fred went back to normal speed and everyone was happy. Was a really fun day of zooming around on our Tdubs! At the end of our ride we came up on a stranded dirtbike rider who ran out of gas. Was about to give him my extra fuel bottle gas but his buddies were coming back soon with gas and there was plenty of daylight left.

During her first year of riding, she is riding roads and trails I wouldn't have after 5 years of riding. Improving very fast she is!

It wasn't until we returned to base that I found out the ride we saw at the intersection was out of fuel. Glad you offered and that he had help on the way because all I did was smile and wave to him when we left. Hope it turned out good for him.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    probably saying "get going old man"......
    Ha ha that makes me laugh as that's exactly what I was thinking - 'old fart get outta my way!!!!!!!!!!!!' giggle
    Not really though, I was actually thinking 'oh crap, it looks tough....I don't wanna crash..' Luckily, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be.
    Flathats, mhomadness, Fred and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links