Fred's Saturday & Sunday Sierra Group & Smaller Group Rides
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Fred's Saturday & Sunday Sierra Group & Smaller Group Rides

Fred's Saturday & Sunday Sierra Group & Smaller Group Rides

Before I say anything about the ride, I want to give special thanks and acknowledgment to Fred and Mrs. Fred for being great hosts. Together they put on a heck of a ride and meals for everyone.

So, one day Fred was wearing his special yellow shirt and thought to himself, "self, I should host a weekend ride in the eastern Sierra Mtn's in July and ask people to come enjoy it with me"?

A bunch of us looked up in the sky and said "what the heck, why not". I might have slept through this part though! And we came from all over the country. Mostly from California
    (L-R Admiral, Dan of Sandue, Sue of Sandue, and mhomadness)

From Fred's house we headed west into the Sierra Mountains over the old trail/road from Reno and stopped by this pretty creek.

This is where we stopped on the side of the road above the pretty creek

Next Fred was taking us to White Rock Lake but on the way, we saw this fast moving pretty cloud

Since we were stopped for a break, lots of us looked up at the pretty clouds
    (L-R Fresno, Evan, Fred)

Because my pictures are more or less taken in order, I think this is White Rock Lake. Not sure of the color of this rock in White Rock Lake but the snow is white. One of the clouds looks like a B-2 Bomber chasing white fluffy doves clouds flying above White Rock Lake.

More of White Rock Lake without the rock or B-2 Bomber and White Fluffy Dove Clouds.

Proof that Mrs. Admiral & Admiral were actually at White Rock Lake

Fred led us back to a creek crossing on the old trail which would have taken us to White Rock Lake. Even though we haven't been riding very long, Fresno decides it's time to wash his socks and TW. From what I gathered, he likes clean socks and TW tires. We'll see.

mhomadness decided he also wanted clean TW tires

Well, mhomadness saw that Fresno had clean socks so he too decided to clean his socks in the creek crossing.

Evan had his turn too but only washed his TW tires...for now!
    (L-R Evan, Fresno, mhomadness)

I am very satisfied with dirty socks so I watched the happenings
    (L-R Admiral, SanDue's)

As Evan races through the creek washing his TW tires on a return trip, Fresno is not satisfied with the level of cleaning of his socks and TW tires and stops to wash them again. I'm not sure this was necessary, but I'm no washologist.
    (L-R Fresno, Evan, and Fred thinking of washing his orange jacket)

Moving right along, we stop at the north end of Meadow Lake for some snackage. Though there is no longer any evidence, Fred gave us a history lesson of this end of the lake. Back in the olden days (late 1800's I think) miners from the town at the southern end of the lake were boated to this end of the lake to spend some quality time with the "time share ladies". wink wink. Nothing remains of the old Time Share Ladies area except these picknick tables and fire rings.
    (L-R Sue of Sandue, Fresno, mhomadness (sitting drying socks) EWB sitting, Dan of Sandue standing, and Mrs. Admiral.

View from Time Share Lady Shore looking south. I didn't read the sign at the prime & proper end of the lake, but I think the townsite was Summit City.

It was windy and cold with the water splashing up over the log at Time Share Lady shore of Meadow Lake.

We did some more riding west and Fred brings us to another cute lake. This one is Tollhouse Lake. I know for a fact there were no Tollhouse cookies at Tollhouse Lake. Gee Dang it!

But for some reason, I did have Tollhouse Cookies on my mind the rest of the day

And I wasn't the only one looking for Tollhouse Cookies at Tollhouse Lake. So were these guys.
    (L-R mhomadness, Dan of SanDue)

From Tollhouse Lake, Fred continues on the lake tour and after passing near many other lakes we stop at Faucherie Lake. It looked like a lake to me.

Then we make our way to the last lake on the tour today, Jackson Meadow Reservoir. See the water rooster tail coming out of the spillway tube?
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

There's quite a bit of water in Jackson Meadow Reservoir. Wonder if there's any dead mobsters wearing cement shoes at the bottom of Jackson Meadow Reservoir?

Back to thinking about Tollhouse Cookies now.
    (L-R Backsides of Admiral, old man w/2 many guns &knives, mhomadness, Sue or Dan of Sandue, EWB, Fred, Evan, Fresno)

We all look tired but Mrs. Fred has a surprise.
    (L-R old w/2 many guns&knives, Fresno, mhomadness, Sue & Dan of Sandue)

Something has really got Evan's attention. Could it be Tollhouse Cookies?
    (L-R Evan, old w/2 many guns & knives)

With great anticipation, Mrs. Fred brings out TW rider goodness, Evan is happy happy! It's cake! Fred's birthday cake to be exact.

EWB is to busy eating the cake but you can tell he's happy too!
    (L-R Fred, EW[IMG]file:///C:\Users\KRISTO~1.NEL\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlcl ip1\01\clip_image006.gif[/IMG]

Before we all depart or pass out from eating and drinking too much cake & beer, Fred surpises us all by passing on the Lizrd Traveling Award. Mrs. Admiral and I are humbled to have been presented this award and will display it proudly until the time we pass it on to another.

While most riders have to head home after today's ride, a few of us will stay one more day and ride tomorrow so stay tuned for tomorrow's ride.

Video of today's ride from the Admiral perspective
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Too Awesome for Words!!
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The travelling trophy found a great new home.
    Mel, TWilight, littletommy and 5 others like this.

rbm
    Great ride and posts! Thanks for sharing!
    littletommy and admiral like this.

I really want to ride Idaho but my Toy Hauler will not be ready till 11 more weeks. That ride looked like a great time. Paul
    littletommy and admiral like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    I really want to ride Idaho but my Toy Hauler will not be ready till 11 more weeks. That ride looked like a great time. Paul
    after looking at the weather in October I would die so I will have to rough it and tent camp.
    littletommy likes this.

littletommy likes this.

Admiral sure is one mighty fine story teller! As dogonit says "Too Awesome for Words!!" . Pictures and video make me feel like I was right there along with the TW Crew.

And I always though Evan was such a serious guy.

IMG_0867.JPG
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I think you've got a keeper there Fred. What a beautiful lady. She's obviously very happy.
    mhomadness, grewen and admiral like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links