• 3 Post By wrench-puller
  • 1 Post By grewen
  • 3 Post By GTG
  • 1 Post By grewen
  • 2 Post By joeband
  • 1 Post By grewen

Thread: first group ride

first group ride

4 of us ( GTG, Trent and #Cruncher, Dan and a buddy of Dan's, Mark who was on a Honda ( nice bike) but we let him come anyway) got together yesterday and went on my first group ride in 45 year. sure is a lot more enjoyable than going solo. we started on Okanagan Lake and headed west into the mountains on logging roads. it was a great ride up through canyons and passed lakes. up on top we had to do some cattle driving, as the boneheads would not get off the road. we ended up at a place called Douglas Lake Ranch, a huge working ranch that was rumored Mel Gibson bought a few years ago. anyway the road was getting too civilized so we turned around and headed back to the starting point, on different roads. at one point Dan was all excited as he said we rode right past a black bear. no one else saw it and he didn't get a picture, so it didn't happen. what a great ride, the weather was good, only a few rain drops, lots of scenery. I put on 190 kms and I know the others went way over that, as they all live further away. i'm looking forward to the next ride. I think we'll have a map next time so we only get lost a few times 81.jpg83.jpg86.JPG
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Wow, what a cool ride and a group one to boot. 45 year wait for a group ride was a long time as well. I hadn't been on a group ride either until I met some forum members some years back.

Most excellent!
    grewen, scotti158 and littletommy like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Lol, that pics looks like here, big puddles in July and nobody in the campgrounds.....but August is coming. Gonna get summer all in one week, then back to the fall rains. Here is the best part...its has been rainning for most of the last three weeks and we are on stage two water restrictions, can't even wash the mud off my truck? The weather this year has sucked so far.
    Nice ride pics though Grewen, thanks for the posts.
    grewen, littletommy and admiral like this.
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrench-puller View Post
    Lol, that pics looks like here, big puddles in July and nobody in the campgrounds.....but August is coming. Gonna get summer all in one week, then back to the fall rains. Here is the best part...its has been rainning for most of the last three weeks and we are on stage two water restrictions, can't even wash the mud off my truck? The weather this year has sucked so far.
    Nice ride pics though Grewen, thanks for the posts.
    I am really surprised you guys even have watering restrictions! yes there were lots of puddles as it had rained pretty hard on Saturday. it made it pretty slippery up on top as the road had a lot of clay mixed in. that and the ruts from truck tires and the real incentive not to tip over was the fact that you would end up sliding through piles and piles of cow dung
    Last edited by grewen; 07-18-2016 at 05:26 PM.
    littletommy likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

GTG
    Yep, it was a lot of fun! I've been trying to get the video out of my camera and onto the computer, but it's just not cooperating
    A real treat to meet & ride with these guys, and see in person how some others have farkled their TWs. Grewen's setup especially is very sweet!
    Those Cycleracks are really nice, and a lot narrower than they look in photos.
    I was a little concerned that my long swingarm would be a problem offroad, but I didn't have any problems (that I can blame it for, anyway!).
    "200 cubic centimeters of raw whining power,
    no outstanding warrants for my arrest.
    hi diddle dee dee.
    god damn!
    the pirate's life for me!"

Quote Originally Posted by GTG View Post
    Yep, it was a lot of fun! I've been trying to get the video out of my camera and onto the computer, but it's just not cooperating
    A real treat to meet & ride with these guys, and see in person how some others have farkled their TWs. Grewen's setup especially is very sweet!
    Those Cycleracks are really nice, and a lot narrower than they look in photos.
    I was a little concerned that my long swingarm would be a problem offroad, but I didn't have any problems (that I can blame it for, anyway!).
    will be good to see your videos. I was impressed with your huge swing arm, it looked to me that you got a lot better ride over the stock arm. and your rear tire looked mean, when I was following you
    littletommy likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Wow, what a cool ride and a group one to boot. 45 year wait for a group ride was a long time as well. I hadn't been on a group ride either until I met some forum members some years back.

Most excellent!
    ?? looks like that red n white bike has a flat... the tire looks real skinny.
    i've had some great times on the nor cal rides with the members on here! enjoy!
    littletommy and admiral like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

the Honda had little girly tires, hardly left a mark in the dirt
    admiral likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Sponosred Links