Anyone Missing Moab Yet?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Anyone Missing Moab Yet?

Anyone Missing Moab Yet?

I made this really short little teaser video for George today and gosh darn it, it got me nostalgic for group shenanigans on the slick rock sandstone again.
    If a fall repeat is to happen this year then some planning and co-ordination needs to occur.
    elime, Mel, Ledmelon and 8 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Somehow everything seemed steeper in person from the top looking down. Same for the slope of the sidehill traverse. Youtube makes us all look like wimps. Indeed Moab is a skill builder.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Doing a ride in Oct on my way to Az to hook up with another TW rider and set up camp I would love to do a ride in either place. I do have an engagement in Kansas for a military reunion. Hope all things will fall together.

Missing Moab? Was wanting to turn around on the way home. Moab has it's tenacles deep in me. Will be back.
    Last edited by plumbstraight; 07-21-2016 at 10:13 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Somehow everything seemed steeper in person from the top looking down. Same for the slope of the sidehill traverse. Youtube makes us all look like wimps. Indeed Moab is a skill builder.
    Boy, you said it! The wide angle cameras always make everything look tame. Nice, Fred! For an second camera angle, see my Moab Day 2 video. George starts his decent at the 5:17 mark, and at 5:47 for just a split second, I thought of following him when I saw how steep the hill was...STEEP! I was riding sweeper, so I was up there all alone. Scary.

- Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-54 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114folding shifter

Hey Larry, How come your sandstone is redder than mine?

Maybe next trip someone might else might want to sample the Mineral Bottom area along the GreenRiver just upstream of the park boundary and White Rim Trail. Nice easy alternative to the more demanding jeep trails, yields a different experience.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

....and if you let the Utah Highway Dept. know you're coming maybe they'll groom your route baby bottom smooth like they did for me. Right friendly and industrious folks in the BeeHive State.

2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    Boy, you said it! The wide angle cameras always make everything look tame. Nice, Fred! For an second camera angle, see my Moab Day 2 video. George starts his decent at the 5:17 mark, and at 5:47 for just a split second, I thought of following him when I saw how steep the hill was...STEEP! I was riding sweeper, so I was up there all alone. Scary.
    Being the first one down had my...um...attention to say the least!

Of course a lot of us ride alone many times so we are both first and sweep!
    Last edited by admiral; 07-22-2016 at 07:44 AM.
    Hoot Gibson, TWilight, Mel and 4 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

EWB
    Quote Originally Posted by old w/2 many guns & bikes View Post
    We had a great group ride with Fred this month; and I've been after Josh to put together or at least go on a Nor/Cal group ride - so I can come along (that last part may be why it's not happening - maybe Fred has warned them). Hint, Hint, Nutjobs. Haven't you only done a spring run so far this year. We want to hear some chatter out there before a fall moab or october Mel's Russ ride. Well; at least I do.
    Yeah need another....I was just reading an article on a Mojave trip the watched a video on an Arizona trip. What about something near Auburn or Sonora? or near Yosemite?
    PlacerLode likes this.

Auburn has access to Western Trail system but those river canyons are steep with occasional ticks, poison oak and rattlers. Hot this time of year too. However higher up one can avoid a lot of those annoyances. Google Teva Trail also. These are trans-sierra routes for 100 mile horse and foot races on single tracks.
    After summer crowds dissipate a group ride through Yosemite could be fantastic. Far too many folks I have encountered have never visited this national treasure, and from a bike the views are a lot better than through a tour bus's windows. Let's do it Eric!
    Sonora is low enough and on edge of gold bearing belt that most lands are privately held thus limiting some quality riding opportunities.
    PlacerLode likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    Doing a ride in Oct on my way to Az to hook up with another TW rider and set up camp I would love to do a ride in either place. I do have an engagement in Kansas for a military reunion. Hope all things will fall together.

Missing Moab? Was wanting to turn around on the way home. Moab has it's tenacles deep in me. Will be back.
    1548256_10201998368512869_2077621178_o.jpg I am going to bring my DR 650 so we can do some street riding.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links