Close

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Hoot Gibson
  • 1 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By Hoot Gibson
  • 1 Post By Michael Bryce Winnick

Thread: Riding the Upper Great Lakes/"Yooper" one year ago

Riding the Upper Great Lakes/"Yooper" one year ago

Looking back at the Upper Great Lakes ride from Montezuma and my places in West Central Ohio, to Borneo's in NE Indiana, and then another 1350 or so through the lower Michigan, across the Lake via Ferry, and then the Wisconsin Northwoods and Upper P, down across the Big MAC Bridge and home...

On July 28, 2015, we arose early in the Morning at our mom and pop Motel in Ludington, rode to the docks and at about 8:30 in the AM pushed our 3 TWs on to the SS Badger for the 3+ hour 60 mile ride across Lake Michigan to Manitowoc, Wisconsin, for the Wisconsin part of the ride...

One year ago this morning 7/28/2015

Upper Great Lakes Adventure 3a.jpgUpper Great Lakes Adventure 3b.jpgSS Badger 3D.pngGreat Lakes Run 015.JPGGreat Lakes Run 028.JPG
    admiral likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Any big rides planned for you guys for the rest of this year? Great Lakes adventure looked amazingly fun and camaraderie!
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Any big rides planned for you guys for the rest of this year? Great Lakes adventure looked amazingly fun and camaraderie!
    Wife and I are taking a quick vacation next week to Brown County, Indiana, then I have a week or so of free time...hopefully we will get something planned......also maybe a fall ride. One thing for sure, this is my last year of Basketball, and next years my last of doing a lot of football...baseball I will continue, but cut back the Summer contests, so I can ride more.

Retired and I plan on living like it....House will be paid off, out of debt by next spring...and although not even close to being "rich" money wise...I sure the heck plan on doing more things, I want to do with what time I may have left on this planet

Hell, don't know what caused that rant....but you get my drift....Time to do more Riding...and heck I may have to buy another MC, who knows, maybe a 2nd TW?}
    admiral and Mattwings like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    If you cross the bridge again, give a yell. Devil's advocate is a few hours past me, but I am sure we can meet you. I can retire tomorrow if I die next week. MBW
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

I have been across 'the bridge' twice...once on a yammie 750 with Dunlop K-81 tires and once on a BMW...don't think I'd do it again. I hate that 4 miles or whatever of steel grate...
    2005 Tdub

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    ...then do not drive on the steel grate. I like going over the grate because if you look down it looks like you are riding on the water. The worst part of that bridge is that on a windy day you are correcting (by instinct) for the wind by leaning into it...then you get to the big pylon blocking the wind. There is a full lane of no grate.

Sponosred Links