Anyone ever been to the Big Bear Run in Cali?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The annual Big Bear Run dualsport thingy is coming up. Want some input before we sign up.

I'd mostly be interested in checking out all the bikes, but want to make sure it won't also be a weekend of riding in a dustcloud and acvoiding reckless jerkweeds. Anyone gone to it?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

If you're talking about the night ride, I did it with a friend on his DR last year and we had a blast( I was the only tdubber). good lighting is a must, as the usual Baja kits are weak, and were slowing those that had them waay down. The census was small last year and made for low dust conditions for the most part.I don't have a roll chart mount or a GPS yet so I had to follow mostly. They did however clothspin 1" square reflectors at the turns that i got pretty good at spotting. The event staff did a good job with the route planning, with multi bailouts and increased degree of difficulty loops built in to the route. Whats the date this year? maybe some of us tdubbers can get together and "represent"

June 26/27.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Purple People Eater's Avatar
    Actually, he got the date wrong. It on Sat. June 25th and Sun. June 26th.

Here is the link for the event: http://www.bigbeartrailriders.com/co...item_id=170496
    "One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things" - Henry Miller

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    The annual Big Bear Run dualsport thingy is coming up. Want some input before we sign up.

I'd mostly be interested in checking out all the bikes, but want to make sure it won't also be a weekend of riding in a dustcloud and acvoiding reckless jerkweeds. Anyone gone to it?

Last year when we did one of my "stay-n-rides" we went to Big Bear via the back roads. Once we got to the top we found ourselves in the middle of this ride. There were a number of times we were "roared" past and we had to keep a vigilant eye around corners... no issues however and we saw a lot of fully committed dual-sporters.
    2007 TW "Muley": Cyclerack rear, 55 tooth rear sprocket, Duro Power Grip & Shinko SR241, Clarke tank, Ricochet bash plate, Mule hitch pin quick seat removal, Trail Tech Vapor w/ Dashboard, hardwired Garmin 60csx & 205w, 12vdc adaptor, independent high beam off/on and signal beeper, modified seat.

2000 Yamaha V-star 650 Custom - [sold]

2009 Yamaha WR250R - "Willie Boy" the slimmer faster brother of my Muley.

2009 Hidden Content . Wow, what fun on the highway!

Purple and I will be meeting Ronnydog in Big Bear sometime on Saturday, if anyone's interested in going.

We won't be a part of the organized event, and we'll plan do do a bit of riding as well as taking advantage of the opportunity to scope out large numbers of dualsports of all descriptions in search of unique ideas. In other words, we'll spend part of the weekend "posing" in town, the rest exploring.

We have no clue where we're gunna camp because everything's booked, but we'll be carrying all the neccessry gear for "stealth" camping.

Let us know, and we'll do the phone number thing.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Purple and I will be meeting Ronnydog in Big Bear sometime on Saturday, if anyone's interested in going.

We won't be a part of the organized event, and we'll plan do do a bit of riding as well as taking advantage of the opportunity to scope out large numbers of dualsports of all descriptions in search of unique ideas. In other words, we'll spend part of the weekend "posing" in town, the rest exploring.

We have no clue where we're gunna camp because everything's booked, but we'll be carrying all the neccessry gear for "stealth" camping.

Let us know, and we'll do the phone number thing.

STEALTH CAMPING I'm IN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ronnydog View Post
    STEALTH CAMPING I'm IN!!!!

If a sleeping bag falls to the ground in the woods and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

Purple: "What's that smell?"

Lizrdbrth: "Stealth camping"

Ronnydog: "You wanna eat the last fried ant? I'm full."

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

We went. We saw. We had fun.

We ran into forum member "Neverseemefall" on his way-trick XR600. Very impressive.

Lots of KTM's, Husabergs, Huskies, and tricked out machinery to ogle.

While we didn't sign up for the ride, most present had been attending for years. Not hard to see why. It appears to be a first-rate affair, with good chow, good people and excellent support. Worth the munny.

Ronnydog made up a plastic plate and we cc'd the heads and played with the various cranks and rods for stroker possibilities. All on the tailgate of his pickup in camp. LOL. I finally got to ride his TW225, after which I threw rocks at my 200 motor. Boat anchor by comparison. Purple humored us as we explained how the various parts interract to acheive more power.

The three of us did some lightweight fire roads and a few hills, nothing to brag about, just taking in the scenery and having pleasant conversation. There was a hugely-attended carp derby going on, held in an effort to control the invasive species. We watched as bowhunters and anglers turned in tons of carp for the weigh-in contest.

Nice, mellow, relaxing weekend.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Senior Member Purple People Eater's Avatar
    Since they were too busy playing with their toys...I actually took some pics of our trips.

Ronnydog and Lizrdbrth checking out the campsite

Ronnydog and Lizrdbrth taking a break

Ronnydog taking on a bunny hill

"One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things" - Henry Miller

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links