Admiral's TW200 Season Opener
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    For some reason, I consider a new riding season begining on May 1st, and this is my first ride since May 1st and since getting my TW back together after having it torn down for a new paint job. Been down since the end of February. Technically, I took a ride and provided a ride report in February 2011, but I still count that as part of my 2010 riding season.

Anyway, here are a couple photo's of the new "mule" paint job.

And this one is for you mrgizmow, larger tank almost ready to put on.

Here's my son and Georgie as we are getting ready to depart the homestead.

Couple photo's riding BLM 2 track roads.

Georgie looking for a Whistle Pig while we take a break.

Had to dodge a bunch of Badger holes.

Some Payette County forest photo's, 1 hardwood forest (i.e. power poles), 2 Sagebrush forest. LOL

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

And here's a video of the ride. About 5 minutes long. Hope you enjoy my boring 1st ride of the season.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtQu3WPlUMI[/media]
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Any ride report that includes words like "whistlepig", "badger hole" "buzzworm", "mountain canary" or even "road aligator" gets my vote.

Looks like you've perfected your camera mount, as well.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Any ride report that includes words like "whistlepig", "badger hole" "buzzworm", "mountain canary" or even "road aligator" gets my vote.

Looks like you've perfected your camera mount, as well.

DITTOS Where are all the people?????

Hows the deer hunting around there???

Hungry Ronnydog

Senior Member dstock@alaska.net's Avatar
    That Georgie is such a show off! I'd like to see a video of her riding. Nice paint job.

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post

Mountain canary, that's funny, I'll have to remember that one. I suppose most folks have never heard about a "whistlepig" (a ground type squirrel) that looks like a cross between a squirrel and chipmonk, without the strips. Dig holes like crazy in the yard. Georgie is a good whistlepig hunter, thankfully. I had footage of one in my video quickly running in front of me, but it was took quick for anyone to really tell what it was. Just looked like a mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnydog View Post
    DITTOS Where are all the people?????

Hows the deer hunting around there???

Hungry Ronnydog

People, never thought about it, guess I accidently avoid going places other folks do. Or the other way around, not sure.Deer hunting generally not good right where I live, but head to the river bottoms and mountains, then you can spot them. Generally, mule deer in the southern part of the state and whitetail in the north. I myself go for the Elk, tastes a lot like beef, but it's a lot harder to throw one of those on the cycleracks as you have done with the deer!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTdub View Post
    That Georgie is such a show off! I'd like to see a video of her riding.

Showing her actually riding is a cool idea, never thought about that. Son coming out again this afternoon and maybe I can get him to video her/us. Truelight and Roadjanitor have seen her in action in person, but a video might give the rest of the forum a laugh. Oh, and I tried the doogle's, she not like them so much and keeps pulling them off. I don't want to put them on too tight!

I am amazed you get such a stable picture with that handlebar mount. Please tell us once again what brand/model camera you are using, it works great. Enjoyed the video. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

It's just a 3-4 year old cheap Kodak Easyshare picture camera. Not great but it will do. I have a camera that has a better picture quality, but it's to heavy and bounces too much. I do edit out the really bouncy stuff, but the added advantage to that is it shortens the video's. I don't want them to get to lenghthy. I am satisfied enough now with the setup to keep using it till I upgrade someday. I would like a Go-Pro, but am not a fan of the wide angle "fish eye" look.

Also toying with the idea of trying it out on the helmet, but 1) I think it might look to dorky, and 2) I won't be able to see the camera controls when helmet mounted (no remote for this camera). At least on the handle bar I can tell if it's recording or not.

Worth mentioning too, should anyone mount a camera on the handle bar, I use foam as a damping device between the camera mount and handle bar. This has eliminated the visual buzz I had during my testing. I also added a pvc spacer to raise the camera and inch or so in order to clear the headlight cowling. Prior to this, if the sun was reflecting off the cowling, it distorted the color.

And one more thing. After downloading the video, I use Windows movie maker to edit and make the movies prior to uploading to youtube. I find Windows movie maker pretty easy to use. I need simple!

Nice ride, admiral. I hope you've still got the appropriate tool (Yamaha BFH-0001) to install that new tank. It's the same tool used for fork removal and re-installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Nice ride, admiral. I hope you've still got the appropriate tool (Yamaha BFH-0001) to install that new tank. It's the same tool used for fork removal and re-installation.

Ah, someone remembers. Yes, use the proper tool for the job! I like the your addition of the tool part number, funny stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links