TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

QueenValley, AZ ride 6/11/11

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  joedirt1970 
#1 ·
Well we broke Brock in on one of our rocky, off camber rides today. The only real carnage was he broke both foot pegs. We only had 3 TW200's this time, but 2 RZRS and 2 quads. I think Chip Beck would be the only person that would appreciate this technical ride. What started to be a EASY ride, ended being 20 miles of of "wtf". At the end of "wtf" I took a right turn and headed 20 miles back to the trucks. On the way back I found a really cool Natural Arch. Itwas pretty large, spanning 25+feet. AZSANDRIDER and Brock continued on up to Montana mtn.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st76_10LLPA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/media]

#2 ·
Yes, I was broken in today. My right peg broke less than 20 min in to the ride (Make sure you do not buy aluminum over-sized pegs, I didn't realize they were aluminum when I purchased them). The second peg broke off from a rock simply bouncing up from the front tire...YES, the trails were pretty technical and so 90% of the ride was with two STUBS to hold on to. For the most part, the T DUB proved it belonged on these technical trails. As long as we kept the momentum going no matter how back the rocks were, the T DUB just rolled through.

It was beautiful out and I am thrilled to have spent my first ride out here with the TW Forum clan. Here are a few photos from the ride. The first view from one of the peaks and the second a few shots from one of the pit breaks and my lack of pegs.

Sorry about the fuzzy foot peg photos

Here is the left side peg...

Here is the right side peg...

#3 ·
Great stuff. Only been to Arizona once a few years back and Queenvalley sounds familar, but I'm probably mistaken. I remember some small community and a golf course. We were in a car and going to take a back road back to Apache Junction, I think, but the road ended up being closed due to flooding. And I saw the water over the road so we didn't chance it!

So when you say you broke in Brock, I guess you meant it, foot pegs and all. Brock, at least it wasn't your foot or feet that broke. I've done that before with those nasty rocks! Thanks for sharing your ride guys.

#4 ·
Same Queen Valley, but we went on the S.E. side to do the Montana Mtn loop. Azsandrider (tim) showed us a "extra credit" trail outsidethe main loop. It was quite obvious that the rains of last fall/winter re-arranged the trail and mothernature dicided to scatter rock and boulders for our enjoyment.

#5 ·
I use to have this problem with the rear brake pedal getting caught and bending. Its causse the pedal goes under the foot peg.The quickest fix to prevent this is to drill hole if there isn't already one. Buy some small gauge cable from any hardware store. Loop it and crip off on end to the brake and the other to the bike,but make sure you allow enough play to be able to brake.This should help it from bending. The other way is to redesign the brake. Its real easy. Its a over the peg design. Go look at motorcross bikes or go to TWO brothers racing and look up KLX110 over the pedal brake lever to get the idea. If you can weld it would be nice. If not some shop should do it for cheap since its soo simple. Take off the brake pedal. Get some paperboard and cut out a arch that goes from the base or pivot point and over the peg. Compare it to the bike to line up the arch over the peg. Now get some more paperboard. Lay stock rear brake pedal on the paperboard and trace it.Now take the arched paperboard and line it up to the stock one and trace the arch on it. cut it out and then compare it again to the bike to see if it lines up. Go to the hardware store take your paperboard cut out get some metal the same gauge and length. Have the machine shop or welding shop cut off the base and tip of the brake pedal. Have them cut out your new paperboard design out of the metal and weld on the base and tip of the stock onto the cut out. Take back your new over the peg brake pedal. You will probaly have to bend it a little into shape. Wha la over the peg brake pedal. This should save alot of head aches but you should still put a cable on it.

#6 ·
I have posted these pics in facebook and several friends have told me how lovely I look in my regular mountain boot shoes. It was a blessing in disguise. If I would have had regular motorcycle boots, there is no way I could have held on at all.

So when you say you broke in Brock, I guess you meant it, foot pegs and all. Brock, at least it wasn't your foot or feet that broke. I've done that before with those nasty rocks! Thanks for sharing your ride guys.

I just spoke to the company that I bought the pegs from and they are going to credit my account immediately since they don't have steel pegs to replace the broken aluminum pegs. Kudos to them.

#7 ·
Gentlemen,

I am so bummed that I wasn't there. Going to the funeral of a good friend was not the way any of us want to spend a Saturday but that's how it goes on occasion. I really like the tough rides that TWAT puts together. I am usually on a high for a full day after. This weekend I'm out of AZ again but I hope to join you all again soon.

Chip

#8 ·
Is Queen Valley anywhere near Queen Creek? If so, I've been there a couple times with an old friend that lives there and my uncle used to have a motorcycle shop nearby... Sadly, the economy forced him to close up shop about 2 years ago, but they still live in the area. The photos look a lot like where I went with my buddy in his little Geo 3 cyl. powered dune buggy... Tons of fun. I'd love to get back down there one of these days with my TW and/or my quads.

#9 ·
Queen Valley is about 20 miles out the 60 past Ellsworth Road. Some great trails. Some technical trails too. It was a great day...weather, trails and company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.