Admiral's Spuds & Suds North Idaho Ride - Avery Idaho
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: Admiral's Spuds & Suds North Idaho Ride - Avery Idaho

Admiral's Spuds & Suds North Idaho Ride - Avery Idaho

Thanks for making these badges mhomadness. Special acknowledgment to mhomadness for making these badges for the ride. They're pretty darn cool and everyone who came got a pin. littletommy, your's is in the mail! mhomadness considered driving all the way up from someplace in California, but other obligations, time, & distance were contributing factors for not making the trip. We don't blame him, but he did miss out just a little!

Admiral's Spuds & Suds Operational Overview.

1. Take the youngest daughter to the university for "Rush Week". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frater...rities#Joining
    2. Extend rush week for Admiral & Mrs. Admiral by riding TW's around North Idaho after completing parental duties at the university.
    3. Offer the ride to other forum members (and their friends)!
    3.1. Meet 2 Adventure Rider Forum members on their return trip from somewhere other than where we were riding.
    3.2 Meet littletommy and sister Sue for lunch in Wallace
    4. Receive Honda CT110 for further transport to the eventual new owner in Michigan. Until then, I'll ride the CT110.
    5. Retrieve 3 each grandchild en route to homeport after ride conclusion.

Riders for the Spuds & Suds Ride were:

Admiral & Mrs. Admiral-Idaho
    SanDue's-California
    Washington Larry and his XT225 riding sidekick Chad-err from Washington
    Eric-not from Washington...or Idaho...but from Montana
    Plumbstraight-Washington

Lunch Riders:

littletommy & sister Sue

Virtual Riders:
    mhomadness-wanted to come but made the Spuds & Suds Pins instead
    Devil's Advocate-Possible recipient of the CT110 if we make it and who also paid lunch for all of us at Clarkia on Day 3. Wa Larry kept the paid lunch a secret. Thanks a ton D.A.

Special Guests, I met from Advrider Forum:

Ladybug0048 and Rainbow007

D minus 2 days, Loaded and ready to roll.

D minus 1 day Part I, Locate and occupy ride camp. My original plan according to my auto-corrected txt, was to camp at "Turn Her Flat" CG, but it was full so I then proceeded to my next auto-corrected txt campground of "10 Cop" CG. For clarification, the campgrounds in non-txt lingo are Turner Flat & Tin Cup Campgrounds. For further clarification, I wasn't actually camped at Tin Cup CG, it was down the road a mile or so. Oops!

D minus 1 day Part II. Participate in parental duties at the university during rush week. (Note: Parental orientation sucks, so we skipped it. Waiting in line when food runs out at university BBQ sucks. But not for us, we were first in line. No beer sucked too!

BBQ held in University of Idaho Kibby Dome. Nice, no mosquitos or hot sun, did not suck!

more to come.
    Last edited by admiral; 08-16-2016 at 10:00 AM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

D-Day. We had planned to arrive early and ride a day by ourselves. With no particular destination in mind and with a suggestion of direction offered by Wa Larry, we headed up the St. Joe River towards St. Ives Historic Ranger Station.

St. Joe River

We then backtracked a couple miles to NF303 and headed up the Beaver Creek.

Posing as bridge inspectors, we inspect the bridge which crosses the St. Joe River and heads up the Beaver Creek

Bridge view of the St. Joe River is satisfactory

Mrs. Admiral's view of the Admiral on the bridge is satisfactory as well

Mrs. Admiral is satisfied with the bridges construction which crosses the St. Joe River.

So we proceed up the Beaver Creek to the junction of NF303 & NF201 near Bad Bear Peak.

We then head on the NF201 in the general direction of East Sister, Middle Sister, and West Sister Peaks. Along the way we stop in to check out Mammouth Springs Campground.

Even though nobody was here, I think they knew Mrs. Admiral was coming and left here some flowers

Short distance down the NF201 we come across Dismal Lake. Doesn't look that dismal to me. Have to keep note of this place as there are a couple camp sites.

As we go whizzing by Whistling Peak we spot this funny looking thing on the top of Middle Sister Peak. Me/we thinks it's a Lookout

Yes sir by golly, it's a lookout on Middle Sister Peak

The person in the lookout must have been taking a nap 'er sump'in as the blinds were pulled down by the time we got there

As we're expecting some of the riders to start showing up to camp, we didn't stay long and try to find our way back without backtracking. While it looked promising on the map, in reality, it wasn't such a good idea.

We ended up backtracking and swiftly headed back to camp where we found Eric from Montana waiting for us. Later Wa Larry and his sidekick Chad showed up. We chatted a bit and headed to bed.

End of Day 1

To be continued
    Last edited by admiral; 08-16-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Day 1 Ride Video.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Those love birds are at it again! Looks like the beginning of another fun get-away adventure.
    Kris, I notice your video's audio seems really crisp and noise free without the annoying traditional white noise from wind. New secret? New Mic? New camera?
    littletommy, admiral and SanDue like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Nice riding gear there lady. Gone are the no helmet and no armor ATV days when we would cringe at the idea of you somehow crashing in the outback. 100_3006 (800x600).jpg
    Nothing like a little Idaho greenery to contrast and really show off WILBUR'S awesome new paint job. Nicely done Admiral!
    Last edited by Fred; 08-16-2016 at 04:38 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Those love birds are at it again! Looks like the beginning of another fun get-away adventure.
    Kris, I notice your video's audio seems really crisp and noise free without the annoying traditional white noise from wind. New secret? New Mic? New camera?
    Same ION Camera. The white noise reduction is better but still not where I'd like it. I think ION did fix the problem with newer models by having an external microphone plug-in so you could put a microphone inside the helmet.

What I did was buy 2 each "skins" for the camera. They are rubbery and are more for color change than anything else. Putting on just 1 skin didn't work so I modified a second skin and place both over the camera housing. I think the weak point in noise level is the on/off switches but have never fully figured it out. Still, on some of the highway shots which are upcoming, there is more noise than what you hear at slow speed but at least now you can hear the TW a little bit.

Once I watched a video where they modified the model camera I have to have an external plug-in type microphone but it looked like too much work for me for the few video's I put together riding.
    ejfranz and SanDue like this.

Mrs Admiral : That bike is Sweet!

Mr Admiral : This thread is Sweet!
    admiral, Fred, littletommy and 3 others like this.

Don't forget, Mrs. Admiral is sweet too!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Wilbur looks awesome!

Glad to see you included the requisite Fire Tower photos!

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodetrip View Post
    Wilbur looks awesome!
    !
    Gender reassignment surgery went great for him. Now he's just confused as to whether he's a boy or a girl.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links