Ride Invite Black Hills SD September 4 & 5 2016:
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Ride Invite Black Hills SD September 4 & 5 2016:

Ride Invite Black Hills SD September 4 & 5 2016:

The Admiral’s will be in the Black Hills SD area September 4 & 5 riding our TW butts off.
    We don’t have a definite camp area or ride plan yet, but if you are interested in meeting up with us to ride or camp send one of us a PM and we will get a definite plan made.

If you have suggestions for camp or awesome areas to ride please let us know.

Mr & Mrs,

We had thought about the Hills Labor Day weekend. Did it years ago and it was great.

Weather cools off nice and all the Sturgis traffic gone.

AND...lots of Rally beer left over that they blow out for a buck a can (this is last of season before most places close down).

Check out Rec. Springs just outside of Lead (SD). Cheap lodging, have gas, their back yard is straight trail access, and they used to rent atvs, so off road friendly. Not too far from Deadwood, which I think you would like to check out. The Heads (Rushmore) are a bit of a ways off, but if coming from MN, you could swing past them via Rapid; then on up.

Custer State is very neat too, but pretty big with no real gas, food, etc.

Not much in Sturgis after Rally, but Deadwood keeps pretty open, and they have an oyster bar and John Wayne's 70 something F250!

Probably not too exciting for you folks, but round here, the Hills are the best we get.

Might see you there...

-you will have to check map, but Needles Hwy is real pretty too, but again, a ways off. Just cannot recall right now if you can catch that with the Heads from Rapid, if you stay up that way.

Edit- Nope, Needles IN Custer.
    Last edited by jeffrolives; 08-18-2016 at 02:33 PM.
    admiral and Rhodetrip like this.

Hmmm - that sounds like a fun trip. I am only 9 hrs from the Black Hills...gears grinding....
    admiral likes this.
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Well obviously I am in! PM sent
    admiral likes this.
    -Ruri

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrolives View Post
    Mr & Mrs,

We had thought about the Hills Labor Day weekend. Did it years ago and it was great.

Weather cools off nice and all the Sturgis traffic gone.

AND...lots of Rally beer left over that they blow out for a buck a can (this is last of season before most places close down).

Check out Rec. Springs just outside of Lead (SD). Cheap lodging, have gas, their back yard is straight trail access, and they used to rent atvs, so off road friendly. Not too far from Deadwood, which I think you would like to check out. The Heads (Rushmore) are a bit of a ways off, but if coming from MN, you could swing past them via Rapid; then on up.

Custer State is very neat too, but pretty big with no real gas, food, etc.

Not much in Sturgis after Rally, but Deadwood keeps pretty open, and they have an oyster bar and John Wayne's 70 something F250!

Probably not too exciting for you folks, but round here, the Hills are the best we get.

Might see you there...

-you will have to check map, but Needles Hwy is real pretty too, but again, a ways off. Just cannot recall right now if you can catch that with the Heads from Rapid, if you stay up that way.

Edit- Nope, Needles IN Custer.
    Thanks, will research some of what you have mentioned. I've been to Deadwood before and wasn't going to stop, but now that you mention it, riding through town might have a pretty cool factor on the TW's. I suppose the local's wouldn't be that impressed with the roar of 2 TW's so soon after the rally!

We've seen the "Heads" before, lol, so not high on our priority to seem them again unless accidental.

Thanks again for the info. Cool if you surprise us by showing up too!
    jeffrolives and Rhodetrip like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

[QUOTE=jeffrolives;311737]
    [QUOTE]

Quit your bellyaching. We want an Iowa ride report.
    admiral likes this.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

The Trip to Minnesota and Back

Preview Pictures.

Purpose for trip: Check

Alternate purpose: Check
    D.A. I think Mrs. Admiral notified you of my dad's info so you can arrange pickup. I also sent you a txt with the info.

Aren't they a cute couple?

A bit of what we did and saw in between start and finish. Proper ride report to follow when I recover from being so tired.

Black Hills, South Dakota near Nemo.

Badlands SD.

Minnesota on the day it didn't rain.

In Wisconsin, on a day it did rain (car). Crossing Mississippi River between Wabasha, MN & Nelson, WI

In Wisconsin, on a day it didn't rain. Arcadia, WI, "Soldiers Walk".

Mississippi River on a day it didn't rain.

Why we come back home. Teton Mtns., outside of Jackson Hole, Wy near Idaho border.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Glad you're back safe and sound with that primo MG Midget. Had heard of chance of snow in the Black Hills and know how changing September weather can cut short a planned outdoor outing up there.
    littletommy and admiral like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Challenge Accepted-Getting my Big Butt in an MG Midget

Dad quietly mentioned to my wife to record me getting into our new to us MG Midget. Dad thought I'd have an issue. It's up to you to judge, but I think I get a 7 out of 10 on my first attempt eh! Dad was impressed.

Last edited by admiral; 09-13-2016 at 10:11 AM.

That looked way too easy. I remember one time my dad got a ride home from one of his navy buddies in a little MG and the guy had to bring it right next to the curb and dad had to fall out onto the grass and crawl out. He was 6' 6'' and 360 lbs. I had a Austin Healey Sprite in my earlier (and thinner) days, I never had that problem, but there is a method to getting into and out of those little cars!! You did good Kris!! Fun little cars too!!

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Challenge Accepted-Getting my Big Butt in an MG Midget

Dad quietly mentioned to my wife to record me getting into our new to us MG Midget. Dad thought I'd have an issue. It's up to you to judge, but I think I get a 7 out of 10 on my first attempt eh! Dad was impressed.

admiral and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links