Hot Springs Ramble .. Arkansas .. November 4-6, 2016
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Hot Springs Ramble .. Arkansas .. November 4-6, 2016

Hot Springs Ramble .. Arkansas .. November 4-6, 2016

An informal gathering of Little Bikes** is scheduled concurrently with the Hot Springs Ramble* on Friday November 4th — Sunday November 6th, 2016 with primary lodging at the Rodeway Inn: (https://www.reservationcounter.com/h...hotelid=389804) with camping just down the street at Gulpha Gorge Campground and additional lodging next door at the Red Roof Inn.

* The informal Hot Springs Ramble at Gulpha Gorge Campground is the continuation of the former BMW MOA rally of the same name .

** Little Bikes is loosely defined as anything street legal, such as TW's, Zuma’s, CT’s, Grom’s, TW’s, XT’s, CRF’s, DR’s, TW's, KLR’s, GS’s, Urals, Samurai’s, Jeeps, TW's, etc….. Preliminary plan is a Saturday ride to explore the Forest Service roads North of Hot Springs --- but we'll have a back-up plan if conditions are unfavorable for such (mud, etc.). We can also work up an alternative route for little bikes, scooters, Cushman’s and/or rigs that prefer paved roads.

This weekend is a more about fellowship than aggressive riding. I will plan to arrive early afternoon Friday so we can enjoy a 3:00 p.m. paved road ride up/down the East/West Mountains in town and Cedarglade/Blacksnake Roads out/back to the Blakely Dam before supper.

I've already had a favorable response from a ±half-dozen TW, XT & Ural riders that may not (yet) monitor this forum.

I’m thinking to trailer the TW from Shreveport to Hot Springs, but I could be influenced to ride up with favorable weather and a patient riding partner.
    Lee
    2001 TW200
    2013 CRF250L
    1982 MB-5
    1998 R1100GS/CSM Sidecar
    2012 Zuma 50F + 2006 Burgman 650/Texas Ranger Sidecar <<Mrs. SwampFox's Scooters

Sounds like a good plan. I'll pass this around and mark it on my calendar.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

SwampFox, If I read this right there will also be a BMW gathering here at this time?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    SwampFox, If I read this right there will also be a BMW gathering here at this time?
    Yes ... well, sorta: For a good number of years there was a BMW MOA affiliated rally the first weekend in November known as the Hot Springs Ramble, organized by, if i recall correctly, the BMW club in Memphis. The "official" rally dropped maybe 10 years ago, but the rally continues as an informal gathering at the Gulpha Gorge Campground.
    Lee
    2001 TW200
    2013 CRF250L
    1982 MB-5
    1998 R1100GS/CSM Sidecar
    2012 Zuma 50F + 2006 Burgman 650/Texas Ranger Sidecar <<Mrs. SwampFox's Scooters

The Ramble is still on for Nov. 4-6. Reservations have been made at the Rodeway Inn. Unfortunately 5 of the invited TW's, including 4 from Tennessee, have backed-out due to scheduling conflicts. We have a ±half-dozen riders on "modern" 250's (KLX/CRF, etc.) from North Louisiana/Northeast Texas planning to ride up Friday the 4th, along with several other BMW, etc. riders also planning to camp for the weekend.

Here are some photos from a similar ride back in '12 - riding my former KLX250S:

Lee
    2001 TW200
    2013 CRF250L
    1982 MB-5
    1998 R1100GS/CSM Sidecar

Well, the half-dozen TW's invited to the Ramble all backed-out, but we had a half-dozen riders jump-in with "modern" 250's, so I switched over the CRF250L for the Ramble. So no TW pics to post, but we had a good ride and better fellowship. We were joined by two Ural sidecar rigs - Mrs. SwampFox had an opportunity to make her first off-pavement ride, as a passenger in Emily's sidecar - she mostly enjoyed the experience - Raskal rode along too - he was dirty dog by the time we returned to town. I sure missed the TW once the road turned to gravel.
    Lee
    2001 TW200
    2013 CRF250L
    1982 MB-5
    1998 R1100GS/CSM Sidecar

Mostly? What didn't she like about the sidecar ride? Just curious...
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
    Well, the half-dozen TW's invited to the Ramble all backed-out, but we had a half-dozen riders jump-in with "modern" 250's, so I switched over the CRF250L for the Ramble. So no TW pics to post, but we had a good ride and better fellowship. We were joined by two Ural sidecar rigs - Mrs. SwampFox had an opportunity to make her first off-pavement ride, as a passenger in Emily's sidecar - she mostly enjoyed the experience - Raskal rode along too - he was dirty dog by the time we returned to town. I sure missed the TW once the road turned to gravel.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Mostly? What didn't she like about the sidecar ride? Just curious...
    She simply prefers to not ride in the dust. Or thru mud. Or bouncing over rocks. To the extent that, prior to marriage, I had to promise her we wouldn't live on a dirt road.
    Keep in mind she pilots her own "scooter" sidecar rig - she likes the auto CVT transmission.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Lee
    2001 TW200
    2013 CRF250L
    1982 MB-5
    1998 R1100GS/CSM Sidecar

Quote Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
    She simply prefers to not ride in the dust. Or thru mud. Or bouncing over rocks. To the extent that, prior to marriage, I had to promise her we wouldn't live on a dirt road.
    Keep in mind she pilots her own "scooter" sidecar rig - she likes the auto CVT transmission.
    Thanks for the post. I am an old hack driver myself and my first thought was "What's not to like about a sidecar?" I will say however that I've only been in one once. I am so big, it was like trying to fit a Whale in a Sardine Can. I almost couldn't get out. I was afraid that my friend might have to take the car off the frame and dump it over in the yard to get me out!! I've given hundreds of rides though. The best thing is when you have a kid in the car and fly it at 50+ mph. The look on their face is priceless. After the initial moment of sheer terror, they always beg for more and more!!!
    Last edited by littletommy; 11-11-2016 at 06:17 PM.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

We too enjoy our hacks, Tommy. And I appreciate the independent spirit possessed by most all TW & sidecar enthusiasts.

Here's pic of Emily, Mrs. SwampFox and Raskal from atop the Blakely Mountain Dam:
    Last edited by SwampFox; 11-15-2016 at 05:37 AM.
    Lee
    2001 TW200
    2013 CRF250L
    1982 MB-5
    1998 R1100GS/CSM Sidecar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links