Big Pine Flats Trail - Photo/Video Slide Show
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Pine Flat Trail

Location: San Bernadino National Forest, near Big Bear Lake. California

Trail Mileage: 25 miles

Top Elevation: 7,600 feet

This trail is the easiest and funiest trail I have ever had; (just in few out of my total trail experiences.. ^^

Very nice road conditions, hard graded dirt road are most of them.

There are some deep sandy and loosed gravel parts on the road, at the Crap Flat Road where Big Pine Flat road meets.

Just few (couple) of miles long at those conditions, and many OHV's are on those sections. (Traffic at the mountain trail !!!)

At the entrance, I saw this trail does not permit those OHV and green stickers.

I was wonder why?

That section isn't the Big Pine Flat Trail, but Crap Flat Road.

It is little bit easy to be lost the directions if not careful to follow the road.

Thre are WEB of trails around.

Some couple of small streams crossing... ha ha ha, I did first time water over riding at this trail.

It's very short length, but looks just a bit deeper for me.

So, I found very shallow edge and successfully crossed without wetting the my feet.

Very nice sceneries and clean air quality..

Bright sunny weather helped my happy and fun trial riding.

Here is some photo and short video slide show at the trail.

I tried to put mainly for road sceneries only in the trail riding to share.

All the saddle time videos are from newly acquired Kodak ZX3 Play Sport (water proof, budget pocket type).

And camera is mounted on my chest by camel-pack shoulder straps; recording is triggered by remote control while riding.

IMHO, quality isn't that bad (actually good enough) for this budget camera. ^^;

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzmI86sqVCs[/media]

Thanks

Another nice video report BusyWeb. I like your bubble comment inserts. Although I don't remember my first water crossing, they almost always cause me to pause before entry. I've never gone into one that was too deep, but almost (but didn't) dump the TW crossing a creek, which I had to cross several times on a particular trail. Big rocks in the water were and are my concern.

In some of your footage by the look of some of the trees, it looks like a fire has swept through the area. My uncle has a cabin (looks like a house to me) at Big Bear though I've never been there or the lake. Maybe someday. Until that day, thanks for making these video's and showing us the area's around L.A. I haven't been near their since 1982 and don't remember much.

Thanks for sharing
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Nice video of what looks to be a very scenic area to ride. Well done. To call this a "trail" however, makes me chuckle a little. Here in Idaho, this would be a "road", (and a pretty good one at that). Quite a bit of traffic too. A "trail" is more of a single-track path to me. If a 4-wheeler can make it, it's a "road." If it's something only a mountain goat would attempt, it's -perfect- for the TW !

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yet another Super Video. That appears to have been lots of fun and some very interesting terrain. It was nice to hear one of those riders asking if you were ok. Many times when I have been stopped, sometimes laying against a tree, I have had someone pass and not say a word. Thanks again. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by Truelight View Post
    Nice video of what looks to be a very scenic area to ride. Well done. To call this a "trail" however, makes me chuckle a little. Here in Idaho, this would be a "road", (and a pretty good one at that). Quite a bit of traffic too. A "trail" is more of a single-track path to me. If a 4-wheeler can make it, it's a "road." If it's something only a mountain goat would attempt, it's -perfect- for the TW !

This is a "trail" in the sense that it has a USFS designated trail number.

Designated trails in this area range from roads like this one, to almost impassable singletrack.

Due to a lot of circumstances including NOISE, erosion, NOISE, pockets of private property, and (as you can see in the video, the big one around here, due to clowns who don't run spark arresters) fire, a lot of trails have over time become restricted to road-legal vehicles. I've roamed those mountains most of my life at various times and watch them go from totally unrestricted to totally regulated.

The guys on dirtbikes and ATV's that you saw on the trail will eventually see to it that the area is closed forever. There are three dedicated SVRA's that are even easier to get to than Big Bear within 20 miles ( Glen Helen, Stoddard Wells and Johnson Valley ) where you can go 100 mph with open pipes and no one would bother you. Thousands of acres with challenging riding if you need to ride like your hair was on fire.

Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead and most of the communities in these mountains sit at the bottom of a "bowl" and

rely in large part on tourism, fishemen and skiers for their economies. There are lterally hundreds of miles of trails in the area, all within earshot of the towns. Additionally there is only one way in or out of them in the event of fires so they're a bit squirrelly toward the more abusive and inconsiderate among our brethren.

This is one of the areas you all watched on the news a few years back, when all of SoCal was burning.

Additionally there are width restrictions on some of the singletrack trails. I believe this is currently 50" to keep jeeps, side-by-sides and such from widening the trails. Most normal quads can use these provided they are under the width requirement.

I hope this answers BusyWeb's question about why some trails are closed to certain vehicles.

Enter the TW200, welcome everywhere, and capable of getting there.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Nice video. Looks like some fun stuff. What editing program did you use? I like the map animation and the cartoon bubbles.

thanks Josh
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Thanks for sharing
    Thanks... that's my pleasure for sharing some fun out of TW200..

Quote Originally Posted by Truelight View Post
    Nice video of what looks to be a very scenic area to ride.
    Yes, it is very scenic route.

I didn't expected when I see the map, but I was wrong.

Thanks for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    It was nice to hear one of those riders asking if you were ok. Many times when I have been stopped, sometimes laying against a tree, I have had someone pass and not say a word.
    Here So. Cal, most of the bikers are waving hands and say something.

I was really glad that he asked me if O.K., I dind't expected as I was lean and seeing the camera >> recording.. ha ha ha

I waved hands back that I'm good for him.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Enter the TW200, welcome everywhere, and capable of getting there.

Thanks for the explanation about it.

THE TW200 could go anywhere if the riders want to... !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bikerjosh View Post
    Nice video. Looks like some fun stuff. What editing program did you use? I like the map animation and the cartoon bubbles.

thanks Josh
    Thanks Josh!

The tool (application) is Corel Video Studio.

Animation function is good; using Map background image I can draw the line and the application records my drawing. >> that's what I did.

And I put recored animation on the second video channel under the Map image, change some play duration time.

Same effect with cartoon bubble image, users can create own image with transparent background and add to the second (there are at least 4 video channels) channel at the desired time line.

I used the bubble images that are included originally with application.

Nice video. I like the way you mix stills and video and show maps. It tells a good story that way. Did you take a class on editing? You seem pretty good at it.

This time the area reminded me of a place up here called Clear Creek, which is BLM land east of King City and is presently closed because of asbestos, or so they say. Years ago I took my 4x4 truck there and had fun, I would love to take the TW now but I don't know if the gov't will open it up again.

Clear Creek:

http://www.riderplan...0/ride_cb98.htm

Keep up the good work.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

I could be wrong, but the last time went pig hunting over that way they were open. I was told that the asbestos areas would be closed during the summer months due to the airborne dust, and reopen in fall/winter/spring. Over Coalinga way there is at least some truth to the asbestos thing in some of those areas. After a rain the ground is like riding on a mixture of snot and talcum powder.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Nice video. I like the way you mix stills and video and show maps. It tells a good story that way. Did you take a class on editing? You seem pretty good at it.

This time the area reminded me of a place up here called Clear Creek, which is BLM land east of King City and is presently closed because of asbestos, or so they say. Years ago I took my 4x4 truck there and had fun, I would love to take the TW now but I don't know if the gov't will open it up again.

Clear Creek:

http://www.riderplan...0/ride_cb98.htm

Keep up the good work.

Thanks..

And about the Clear Creek...

Those photos look beyond of my skill level yet, I might try it next year or more .. ha ha ha

But, the trail seems very attractive for the dirt riders.

I didn't have any editing-classes, just doing myself.

However, I do reference other YouTuber's videos so that I could implementing on my video.

Self study for my editing tools when I need to add some effects.

And most editing tools in the market are very easy to use now-a-days even though it does has some limitation which professional tools could do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links