Road trips on the TW 200?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello, I found this forum today by chance and started reading. I got my TW200 a few years back to teach the kids how to ride. They've all moved on to bigger/better. Now I find this forum and I see guys taking long trips on the tee dubb. What's the longest trip taken by you guys. I was thinking about using mine to go to a fishing hole about 50 miles away and was having second thoughts but then I see guys taking trips for months at a time. Amazing. I took a long road trip on a klr 650 and it was a hoot, but I guess there's nothing saying the T- dubb can't as well.

Except for trips involving long stretches of Interstate, the TW has all but eclipsed, my KLR and is slowly crowding out my road bikes.

It'll carry just as much gear and get almost twice the fuel mileage in the process. Ain't nuttin worth seeing on an Interstate, anyway, but I'm not even adverse to a hundred miles or more of that, if need be.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Check out this RR. A former member TheMule took a TW200 to Alaska from southern Utah (6100 miles). It gives you an idea of what has and can be done on a TW200.

Hope you enjoy it.

LINK

The original RR on our old Forum was better but the pictures on the Old TW Forum are no longer linked.

Mike

PS- My longest trip on the TW200 is just over 4000 miles.
    The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Just knocked off 1,050 Trans America Trail miles thru Arkansas & Oklahoma then an additional 550 pavement miles back to the truck, in 6 riding days. AWESOME!!!!

Senior Member Purple People Eater's Avatar
    We just did 1800 miles via Route 66 and 60 and wouldn't have traded the adventure on any other bikes.
    "One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things" - Henry Miller

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    Just knocked off 1,050 Trans America Trail miles thru Arkansas & Oklahoma then an additional 550 pavement miles back to the truck, in 6 riding days. AWESOME!!!!

Kelly where's that ride report?? Any problems with the trail and the TW?
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Thanks for the replies all. To be honest I've had my 1991, (I bought used) for nearly 2 years and I've just used it to run down the road to the store, and just kept it in town, I've never taken it over around 40 mph. After I read the replies I rigged up a holder for my fishing rod, with some PVC pipe, and loaded it up a went to my spot. I kept it around 50 mph, and I weigh a little over 200, and it seemed I could have got it to 60 mph if I wanted to. I even went up a few steep grades, the whole trip was about 75 miles, the longest I've riden it in one day by far. It does great, I've been missing out. I think I spent more on night crawlers than I did on gas. It was a real kick in the pants.

1000+ miles in 19 hours, almost all interstate. Many 400-700 mile days on 2-lane highways, usually through mountains and deserts. Countless 300-400 mile round trips on secondary roads for BBQ. If you can do it, your TW can, too.

You guys are really inspiring me. Am taking the 200 on the next trip instead of the 800. Do want to get a windshield first.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhtr View Post
    Kelly where's that ride report?? Any problems with the trail and the TW?

I was riding with Kelly on this ride. The tw's were perfect except for 3 rear flats on my bike. I picked up a nail in Clinton Arkansas which we easily fixed but later in Oklahoma the temps were 107 and the patch meleted 2 times. We were in a long desolate section the second time the first time the patch failed. I ran out of water fixing the flat and thought I was going to die. LOL We did learn a few lessons on this ride. Carry spare tubes and don't trust patching a tube. I was using scabs which I have used several times on other bikes successfully. I can't wait for the next leg. We will do New Mexico and Colorado next session I am sure. We have discussed renting a truck to haul the bikes back to where we leave our truck. The trail requires 10 hours plus a day to do 200 miles so after 1000 miles of trail out butts were on the sore side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links