Tonight I was going to relax dammit!
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Tonight I was going to relax dammit!

Tonight I was going to relax dammit!

Work has had me running like a mad man lately and dang it I have new boots to break in! So it was decided that I would ride tonight even if it killed me. As it turns out I would have to ride after dark to keep my pledge so that is what I did. I only managed about fifteen miles but it led me to my favorite place to unwind.

This would be my destination.

tonight5.jpg

It was fun riding through the woods at night but it seemed to take far more concentration than during the day. Depth perception is sketchy via a headlight. After all that effort I needed to rest. In just a few short minutes rest would be at hand.

tonight2.jpg

tonight.jpg

A half hour in a hammock under the stars and pine trees is as good as a full nights sleep to me!

tonight3.jpg

Five minutes to pack up camp and 20 minutes later I was back home. May not be much but it meant the world to me. By the way I hate the damned boots and would sell them at a deep discount!

Tom
    Ruri, littletommy, Fred and 9 others like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

My MX boots are not my favorite either but I wear them when riding off-road. Congrats on enjoying your evening.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TopPredator View Post
    My MX boots are not my favorite either but I wear them when riding off-road. Congrats on enjoying your evening.
    In my opinion they are dangerous! I can't feel the rear brake at all and I keep missing shifts or shifting unintentionally. I will never get used to them so they must go.

Tom

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

MX boots seem dangerous once you dismount and try to walk around at your destination. I would trade a little ankle protection for greater all round comfort.
    Products ? Forma Boots
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    MX boots seem dangerous once you dismount and try to walk around at your destination. I would trade a little ankle protection for greater all round comfort.
    Products ? Forma Boots
    Perhaps. May just buy another pair of side zip "snake boots". Pretty good ankle support in a hunting boot. At least I could turkey hunt in those.

Tom

Looks like fun. I know what you mean about work.

I vote to give the boots a chance; they'll break in quite a bit, and adjusting the shift lever position may or may not lessen your shifting woes. I just spent $260 (with a discount) on a new pair of CE certified Alpinestars Tech 5 MX boots (I won't buy protective equipment that isn't certified to do its job). They replaced my old Thor boots, which served me darn well for about five years. I couldn't see myself riding off road without these boots, personally. I'm certain that my boots have saved me from several injuries and lessened others. On my recent Malcolm Smith trail ride, for example, I reckon there's a good chance I'd have broken or dislocated my ankle if I hadn't been wearing big, beefy MX boots. The injury I did sustain was bad enough, even with the boots. It's just reached the 100% stage of the healing process - and the injury occurred on 07/04.
    Last edited by kj7687; 08-30-2016 at 10:32 PM.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by kj7687 View Post
    Looks like fun. I know what you mean about work.

I vote to give the boots a chance; they'll break in quite a bit, and adjusting the shift lever position may or may not lessen your shifting woes. I just spent $260 (with a discount) on a new pair of CE certified Alpinestars Tech 5 MX boots (I won't buy protective equipment that isn't certified to do its job). They replaced my old Thor boots, which served me darn well for about five years. I couldn't see myself riding off road without these boots, personally. I'm certain that my boots have saved me from several injuries and lessened others. On my recent Malcolm Smith trail ride, for example, I reckon there's a good chance I'd have broken or dislocated my ankle if I hadn't been wearing big, beefy MX boots. The injury I did sustain was bad enough, even with the boots. It's just reached the 100% stage of the healing process - and the injury occurred on 07/04.
    It really isn't a break in problem as much as a feel problem. I can't feel anything through them. I have adjusted the shift lever half a dozen times now and now I realize that no matter where I put it I cant tell if I am contacting it or not. Same goes with the brake.

Tom

New MX boots SUCK, no matter which brand or how much you spend of them. You need to put miles on (riding and walking) to get them broken in. The protection they offer out weights the discomfort, weird feelings until they are broken in. Shifting and braking will feel normal the more miles you put on - you need to get used to it.

I went with a off road / atv MX boot that is a little shorter and has real boot traction on the bottom. no issues once broken in. Under $100 on sale:

http://www.bikebandit.com/riding-gea...port-atv-boots
    Yamaha - 1992 TW200
    BMW - 1995 R1100GS

Tom buy a pair Forma Adventure Low boots so I can check them out next time I see you
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911garand View Post
    New MX boots SUCK, no matter which brand or how much you spend of them. You need to put miles on (riding and walking) to get them broken in. The protection they offer out weights the discomfort, weird feelings until they are broken in. Shifting and braking will feel normal the more miles you put on - you need to get used to it.

I went with a off road / atv MX boot that is a little shorter and has real boot traction on the bottom. no issues once broken in. Under $100 on sale:

http://www.bikebandit.com/riding-gea...port-atv-boots
    Funny thing is the boots you linked to are the exact boots I just purchased and hate!

Tom

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links