Haney Meadow Ride
Close

I took off just outside of Kittitas, WA and headed up to Haney Meadows which is southeast of Blewett Pass. I knew there was a road that would take me there, but I didn't know which one. I thought I found it a few weeks ago, but about three feet of snow blocked my way. I headed up there last Friday hoping the snow would be gone. All the snow had melted and it was actually dry.

The logging road I was on turned into a ORV trail. Most of my 55 mile ride was easy, but about two miles of it was steep gravelly hills. The TW pushed me up all of them, but I did have a little tire spin.

This was the steepest hill:

On top of the first and longest hill, I found this American flag that someone has propped up. Just to the east of me (behind me, picture faces west) is Mission Ridge ski area and Wenatchee Mountain.

Just above my seat and behind the hills is Wenatchee, WA:

I made it to Haney Meadow. I saw this sign and chuckled because the TW traveled this road flawlessly.

Haney Meadow:

An old cabin adjacent to the meadow. Behind the cabin is a large and very popular horse camp:

Couldn't go around or over this tree, so I made a ramp to go over it.

If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

where did you start from. I assume you trailered the bike to start??? Any GPS tracks to share? Looks like you had a good time. Did you go alone?

Tracy
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

I started at a place called the "Orchard" just north of Kittitas on Coleman Creek Road. I did haul my bike in my truck to get there. I did go alone as my Dad was unable to go and I had an itch to ride and explore.

Here is my track in dark purple. It was an out and back:

Here is a close up of the Haney Meadow area:

The straight line on the upper left is because my GPS lost satellite reception and then regained it.

I was actually on Road 9712 or Liberty-Beehive Road.

1990 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Boy, that looks like a really great place to ride. I'm sure the photo's don't do the place justice. Couple weeks ago I had a similar experience with a "log jam", but the log was larger and unless I did an Evel Knievel act, I was unable to proceed.

Great picture's of the area. Thanks for sharing.

On a side note, assuming your route picture is mapsource, what procedure did you use to post it in your thread here? Thanks.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Boy, that looks like a really great place to ride. I'm sure the photo's don't do the place justice. Couple weeks ago I had a similar experience with a "log jam", but the log was larger and unless I did an Evel Knievel act, I was unable to proceed.

Great picture's of the area. Thanks for sharing.

On a side note, assuming your route picture is mapsource, what procedure did you use to post it in your thread here? Thanks.

Admiral, you're right, the photos really don't do it justice.

I use Garmin's Basecamp. You can download a free basic version, but I got the better one with some software I bought for my GPS. All I do is take a simple screen shot and upload it to Photobucket.

1990 TW200

I was just up in that area a few months ago trying my luck with the weather for backpacking (didn't work so well). I am wanting to go somewhere this next weekend and I think I may have found the spot... Thanks!
    2008 TW200 w/ 2" handlebar risers, Ricochet bash plate, KTM front fender lifted, factory rear rack.

2006 Kawasaki KFX400

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 350

2008 Arctic Cat DVX90

2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew FX4

2000 Ford F-150 Super cab 4x4

1966 Ford Mustang GT

Sponosred Links