9/11 Ride?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Ride?

Just a thought. Any input from you southern CA folks?

I wonder if the Cleveland National Forest will let us bypass the closed gate on North Main Divide road if we told them we were doing a "Memorial Ride" in honor of 9/11 victims. It would be really nice to put a flag or something on the top of Mt. Santiago, commonly refereed to as Saddleback.
    Something witty...

2005 & 2010 TW200

I might be in. Though now that we've had a fire or two I doubt they'll lift the ban. Dove season, though

I gotta check with my new social director. I'm always messin' up on dates.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

At least your social director rides! I'll ask around on getting past that gate and post what I find out. No fires up there that I know of. The NFS site says it closed due to storm damage.
    Something witty...

2005 & 2010 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Not entirely off topic. I've been eagerly awaiting this broadcast. Airs on the 28th:

http://news.yahoo.com/war-terror-pre...194616799.html

Flag planting or otherwise, on this and every future 9/11 I intend to honor the dead by making a point of exercising my freedoms.

Go out and ride!

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

According to some of the guys on the AdvRider site the gate is closed because of a new tower being constructed at the summit. I was at that gate about a month ago on my TW and gave a lot of thought to just riding around it and heading-up to the summit (it was early evening on a Wednesday so I doubt any Rangers would have been up there on patrol) but decided against it. Saddleback is my summertime weekly after-work ride spot and this is the latest in the season I've ever seen the gate closed.

I like the idea about placing a flag up there but good luck trying to find the right person to talk to about that; a couple of weeks ago I was riding up there and came across what I'm assuming was a stolen and abandoned truck on the side of the trail. The next day it took three or four phone calls before I finally got in-touch with a person who I was told could do something about it. When I spoke with that person they showed little interest and from what I heard from other people who ride up there it was another couple of weeks before the truck was removed. If I was going to be in-town that weekend though I would join you on a 9/11 ride, as it is though I'll be on my way back from a 'Buggy trip up-north.

Kevin
    '04 TW - Ricochet skid plate, IMS pegs, Odyssey battery, Seat Concepts seat, wide front tire. Geared low N' Slow Hidden Content

Honda Grom
    KTM 990 Adventure

Senior Member Purple People Eater's Avatar
    I checked his calendar and he is free that day to ride and I would like to join the ride too!
    "One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things" - Henry Miller

Hidden Content

Sorry for the delay in getting back out here. I was hoping to just get the local ranger to look the other way for a few hours, rather than get OK from anyone in particular. I ride back there a lot, so I've met most of the local LEO's. So far, I'm not having much luck. A couple of the guys said they wouldn't stop me, but they haven't been able to tell me who's got the morning shift on the 11th, so no guarantee's. Grrrrr
    Something witty...

2005 & 2010 TW200

Senior Member Purple People Eater's Avatar
    I'm really itching to ride so what the plan for this Sunday?
    "One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things" - Henry Miller

Hidden Content

I'll be better organized about this next year! I totally sold out this year and just rode up to Cooks Corner and did the 9/11 ride from there to Long Beach with a few thousand new friends. I knew nothing about this until "Ducati Mike," from the local Starbucks told me about it that morning. I just went out there with the local GSXr's. It was actually pretty amazing. A LOT of bikes!

This is a YouTube video link from last year, but it's the same route, and it looks to be annual. File that under Next Year perhaps.
    Something witty...

2005 & 2010 TW200

Until I watched the video I thought you'd ridden the TW. LOL.

I think we've met Ducati Mike at Hell's Kitchen. Small world.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links