Last minute Az ride
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decided to do a last minute ride up north with a few quadders...i thought i did well for only 3 hours of sleep. Plus i got to try out my new rack that a friend and i made. Which by the way works excellent!!! the small t bag bag works 100% perfect..thanks to who ever posted that link, i had to order 2 of them. One for the bike and the other for the rzr. Carry's everything i need, including rain gear which i used on the ride, and a small lunch. I didn't notice any difference in handling either. I did notice the bike handles and performs better after changing out the fork fluid. Broke another aluminum foot peg..time to trash them. Luckily i brought the stock ones with me. We did around 130 miles..got rained out on the way back...no problems. Had a few good saves but no tip overs. Went down an unexpected 2 mile "short cut" trail which ended up being bowling sized ball rocks to work around and have the front tire slide out. Wasnt fun but i made it.

I got a go pro for my birthday so i only brought that along to try it out. Also bought some half boots from rocky mountain and couldn't be any happier. I can walk around in them and still have proper protection for riding. Heres a few videos and pictures from the ride. The last video you'll see my save at the end.

Videos:

http://xdac.smugmug.com/4x4/Tw-Video...166629_Z9WqGWh
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Nice save at the end! It is amazing how your camera doesn't seem to vibrate much while on your helmet, even though you can see how much you are getting bounced around during your ride. Thanks for sharing the pics

Thanks! I downshifted 2 gears instead of one and got a little squirley on an already loose gravel road..and too loose to turn so i did what i could to slow down in the ditch, didnt see the 2 ft berm there but poped over it like it was planned. Looked back to see if anybody saw it and they did. dam...

I am very impressed with the go pro...i love the wide angle view. Next mount will be off to the side of the bike

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Great photo's and video with a good stable video picture. Way better than what I use, but gotta use what I got for now. I liked your save too. Reminded me of when I was about 13-14 years old showing off on my grandpa's Honda 90...except I went off the road instead of taking the turn. Oops! At least I didn't fall over, but got pretty scared and went slower after that. Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Looks like 40 - 50 down that dirt road in the rain. You are a braver man than I. Really exceptional video quality. I'm assuming you pulled the stills from the video? Good quality there too. You folks got dirty enough to convince me you were having a blast. Thanks for sharing your ride!
    Something witty...

2005 & 2010 TW200

Enjoyed the pics and the vid. Great save !

Quote Originally Posted by MrDNA View Post
    Looks like 40 - 50 down that dirt road in the rain. You are a braver man than I. Really exceptional video quality. I'm assuming you pulled the stills from the video? Good quality there too. You folks got dirty enough to convince me you were having a blast. Thanks for sharing your ride!
    The stills i had in picture mode taking pics. The gopro is still a 5mp camera. It was around 50mph in the rain..felt pretty stable. I thought id be slipping and sliding but i didnt. i did get it up to 60 on pavement downhill on a dry section.

Quote Originally Posted by xdac View Post
    The stills i had in picture mode taking pics. The gopro is still a 5mp camera. It was around 50mph in the rain..felt pretty stable. I thought id be slipping and sliding but i didnt. i did get it up to 60 on pavement downhill on a dry section.

your welcome

When I designed your rack, I designed not only functionality, but more importantly performance, speed & balance. By using a plasma cutter a very high speed titanium orbiting metal reducer, the crisp clean exit edges it reduces drag by 30% therefore giving more power and better fuel economy. I also used special aerospace cylindrical hardware to keep the center of gravity at a perfect 50/50 bilateral balance so even at very low speeds, the wheels create a gyroscopic effect that keep the bike upright as as long as you forward momentum and don't stall out the power plant. If the main power is lost you will have the option to engage the APU, auxiliary power unit. your legs

Sweet Riding in the sand can always be tricky

Quote Originally Posted by demarko69 View Post
    your welcome

When I designed your rack, I designed not only functionality, but more importantly performance, speed & balance. By using a plasma cutter a very high speed titanium orbiting metal reducer, the crisp clean exit edges it reduces drag by 30% therefore giving more power and better fuel economy.....

So when are we gunna see pics of said metalurgical and engineering marvel?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links