TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Vido/Photo's Added (9/10/11) for the 2dATVTW200OCRR

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  admiral 
#1 ·
Well, we really don't have a club, and it wasn't really a rally, but it sounded cool. At least it did a couple days ago!

This is just a preview of the ride Truelight and I did a few days ago. We'd been talking all summer about riding together. So, on sort of short notice (procrastinating), we hastily planned this one. It's amazing how much ride planning I can get done in an 8 hr shift at work!

So, here is the preview. I will add the rest of the photo's and video next week. Life is getting in the way, and I must go camping/fishing with the family and put my forum hobby on hold. Plus, and Truelight will back me up on this, it's hard getting the video edited and such, when you drop your helmet with the "high-tech video camera" attached too it. Oops!

You know it's a good ride when you see one of these.

Some visual of what our ride was like.

More to come next week.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice work...! That elevation chart makes it look like we rode up Everest ! The map is good too. I know the video might be a bit "impaired" given the camera dive onto the ground up a Bogus Basin, but it should be interesting none the less.

My only other comment is that it was too bad you had to make the final leg of the trip from Boise back to Sand Hollow -before- the beer. I guess it probably wouldn't have been a great idea to imbibe right after we got back to town tho...

#3 ·
Boy, beer is at the same elevation as coffee, so I guess many of us 'start' the day with coffee, and 'end' the day with beer. Well, at least I do......... Looks like a fine ride, and that graph suggests a long pull. Am sure looking forward to the video from that 'high-tech' action-cam. Since I don't seem to be ridding it would be nice to mod something. Gerry

#5 ·
Got all the electrons finished, so here is the completed ride report with photo's and video.

I dropped my helmet with the camera mounted on top which slightly damaged the camera. I didn't realize the damage until I downloaded the data, so the video quality is somewhat diminished because of this.

Truelight and I went on this loop ride of about 80 miles. It was a true "dual-purpose" ride as we rode on tar and dirt roads. I put on a total of 152 miles for the day as I rode the TW to our meeting spot. This is the first time I've ridden the TW that far to start a ride. Usually, I haul the TW unless I'm riding out in my neck of the treeless "woods".

Before I begin, I want to say thanks to Truelight. He's a great riding partner and I think we had a good day of riding. Last year we had a good ride going at Packer John before he had his mishap. I'm glad he recovered, (his leg looked pretty bad), so we can continue riding together. Thanks for going Rick.

Oh, and Georgie didn't get to go on this ride. She pouts pretty good doesn't she!

Met Truelight at the meet spot at the bottom of Bogus Basin rd. I was late of course, but he was all smiles.

This is J.R. Simplots former home. He made his bucks in Agriculture, mostly potato's. Go figure, we're in Idaho! Anyway, he donated his home to the State to become the Govenors mansion. To this date, no Govenor has used it for this purpose. Of, note is our current Govenor, Gov. Otter, use to be married to a Simplot daughter later divorcing. I wonder if that has anything to do with him not using the mansion??? Previous Gov didn't use it either though.

Shortly after takeoff, Truelight gets to use his "famous motorcycle wave". giggle!

Our first stop at Bogus Basin Ski area.

Stopped for lunch at Harris Creek Summit.

Here's Truelight as we turn on Grimes Creek rd.

Mine tailings in Grimes Creek from dredging I think. Creeks were dredged all over the area.

Here we stop at Aldape Summit. This is the high point of the "Race to Robie Creek Half Marathon" run. For the record, I don't run.

#6 ·
One last stop on Rocky Canyon Rd before we get back into civilization.

Here's the video. We had a good, fun day of riding. Hope to do it again soon.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbSwgs5Ajcw[/media]

#9 ·
My daughter lives in Boise (I was just there on my Victory Vision) and have seen the Governor's place. GREAT RIDE! Thanks for taking the time to put it on vid.

#10 ·
That helmet-cam worked pretty darned good! Too bad about the lens cover not fully retracting after the fall, but darned good none-the-less. I also find that watching this makes it look like we were really racing along when in reality I'd guess we weren't much over 40 mph tops on the pavement and a lot less than that on the dirt. Of course your ride from and back to Sand Hollow from Boise likely had you "blowing off the dust".

I'm getting more serious about getting me a Shinko 244 "Golden Boy" front tire after seeing yours in action. Anything I can do to decrease my "pucker factor" on those gravel roads will be a good thing.

Let's see if we can get another ride in soon. I've been looking at the map and am interested in heading our near Pearl, Idaho. It looks like it would explore an area a bit further north from where we were this time and also would be as far a ride for you to the "departure point."

Any other Boise area riders wanna join us next time?

#11 ·
Let's see if we can get another ride in soon. I've been looking at the map and am interested in heading our near Pearl, Idaho. It looks like it would explore an area a bit further north from where we were this time and also would be as far a ride for you to the "departure point."

Any other Boise area riders wanna join us next time?

Sent you PM for a Pearl Ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.