Ellensburg to Birch Bay WA
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PART 1;

Well I finally got out on a small road trip and it nearly killed me. It's hard to get going again once health issues strike you down. But I decided to go on a day ride to visit my parents, rest a day and then ride home for my next chemo treatment tomorrow.

I departed E'burg early in the morning and took US97 and US2 to Sultan and from Sultan I worked back roads to Birch Bay, WA. I also went over old Blewett Pass, took Marine Drive north of Marysville, went through Edison and traveled along Chuckanut Drive.

Below is a link to a video of the first part of the trip to Leavenworth. (For those of you knowledgeable of Bettas Road I apologize for the spelling error).

The ride over old Blewett was lots of fun-the signs indicate that the summer of 2012 the bridge on the north end will be closed for about 3 months for maintenance-

Liberty-the old mining town is sure looking all fixed up compared to the 1970s anyway when the town made ghost town status-it's not a ghost town anymore.

Leavenworth has gone from a broken down logging town to becoming a Bavarian Village which shortly will go crazy for Oktober Fest when the Seattle crowd will inundate this community for several weeks.

More RR to follow.

The trip was about two hours too long in each direction. My cancer related injuries were complaining real loud (my darn back is broken in two places, from the cancer--but the Tens Unit helped clip the pain, mostly, while I was riding) -- but all in all the TW and I did OK!

LINK

The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

Nice ride. Isn't Liberty a little off of 97? I don't remember it being right on 97. I really like your camera work, very nice. I rode my Goldwing from Leavenworth to Mt Vernon in June this year and really enjoyed the beauty through the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by biglefti View Post
    Nice ride. Isn't Liberty a little off of 97? I don't remember it being right on 97. I really like your camera work, very nice. I rode my Goldwing from Leavenworth to Mt Vernon in June this year and really enjoyed the beauty through the pass.

Yup!

It's about 2 miles east off of 97

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good to hear you are out and about. That is a GREAT video. What software was used? Given my experience with "video production" putting the video together for us, likely took longer than the ride. Take care, and would appreciate the spec's on the production specifics. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    Good to hear you are out and about. That is a GREAT video. What software was used? Given my experience with "video production" putting the video together for us, likely took longer than the ride. Take care, and would appreciate the spec's on the production specifics. Gerry

Gerry,

Thank you!

I use a Mac and the software is iMovie. It did not take very long to produce this.

The time monsters are: downloading the videos from the camera to the computer and then uploading the completed video to SmuMug-but the rest is pretty simple; after upload I make any exposure corrections to the video then I cut and paste what I want. Next I use some speed corrections to help smooth the video then I add text and features. The last thing I do is select some background music and then I export it ………..and done.

This one took about 35 minutes to do-not including download and upload times.

Mike

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Gerry,

Thank you! But, I'm still a bit rough around the edges!

I use a Mac and the software is iMovie. It did not take very long to produce this.

The time monsters are: downloading the videos from the camera to the computer and then uploading the completed video to SmuMug-but the rest is pretty simple; after upload I make any exposure corrections to the video then I cut and paste what I want. Next I use some speed corrections to help smooth the video then I add text and features. The last thing I do is select some background music and then I export it ………..and done.

If you need more detail PM me.

This one took about 35 minutes to do-not including download and upload times.

Mike

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

That is one long ride! Good for you getting out and doing it!
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Thanks for the detail Mike. I am amazed that it would only be a 35 minute project. Take care... Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Enjoyed the video of the area you live in very much. I have passed through your area a few times in the past, never stopping long enough to soak it all in. One day, I should add a few extra days and bring the TW on trips our family takes to the Puget Sound area. There is so much to see, so in the mean time, I'm glad you and other TW'ers post rides of your area of Washington State.

Thanks for sharing, your quite the adventurer.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Thanks for the detail Mike. I am amazed that it would only be a 35 minute project. Take care... Gerry

Gerry--This Mac and iMovie is great stuff.

There are some features that take for ever (like stabilization, etc) and have learned to avoid them.

I had a PC and used Vegas - and that took forever lots of crashes, and was very frustrating.

During the upload and download process I go and do something else and come back later because these steps are so slow especially if the download videos are over an hour in length.

Also the export feature is time consuming and is influenced by the video's size/quality/length, and format type, (a full format HD that's over 30 minutes --- can take a long time to export).

But with my Mac the adding of music, transitions, text, and photos is drag and drop from a menu bar and takes virtually no time at all to accomplish, (just the time to drag and drop).

But my videos are very simple and tend to follow the exact same steps most of the time, and that helps.

I had lots of time to learn when I was in the hospital for those 10 months.

Mike

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links