Ride to Silver City Idaho
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    First I'd like to say I purchased a 2009 TW200 last October. I have put 1000+ miles on it

and enjoy it very much. Seems like a great forum here with good information.

Took a ride today to Silver City and thought I'd share my track saved from my Garmin Dakota.

It's about a 20 mile ride from where I started, there are many other roads and trails but

my goal was silver city and I made it. The views are fantastic you start out at 2800 feet

and rise to 6800 feet. Sorry no pictures they are stuck on my Cell phone. I have no idea

if the files I posted will be any help or not I am using Mapsource and Idaho topo which can

be download from the internet if you search it.

So from Nampa you go South to Murphy, Turn right on Rabbit Creek road 1 mile down there is room

to park on the left. Unload and have fun.

The ride has it all in my opinion. There are places to go fast, then you must go slow if you value

your body and your ride, then you need to have some fancy climbing skills.

gdb file

gpx file

Before you click to start download be warned that mediafire has a small box to uncheck so your not being

slammed with free stuff? I don't know what else to call it right now.

I take it you live in Idaho? Perhaps you'd like a riding buddy? I live in Meridian and am just now getting to know some of the areas good for off-road TW riding. Another Idaho TW rider - "Admiral" on this board and I are taking a trip tomorrow (8/25). Had we come across you earlier, we could have invited you too. Drop me a line!

Silver City and the surrounding area is a great place to ride, especially when the temps are hot down in the treasure valley.

Here is a mine entrance underneath a roadbed going up War Eagle Mountain.

Here is another of Silver City.

Loads of things to see in the area. Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That is a great area to ride, we should put together an Idaho TW ride sometime. Lots of places to see in this area.

Just spent two weeks in Jordan Valley. Hunting archey in Idaho. Spent few days around Sliver City, good looking country. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by idaho04 View Post
    That is a great area to ride, we should put together an Idaho TW ride sometime. Lots of places to see in this area.

yes, yes we should do an Idaho ride. I was just thinking of this earlier today when I saw so many Idaho riders here.

What do you guys think of a Rocky Canyon, Robie, Clear Creek, Grimes Creek, Pine Creek, Shafer Butte, Bogus Basin, back to Boise run before the snow flies.

shadow,

Sounds like a good idea. I have driven most, but not all of those roads in a truck, but not on the TW. I'm riding/camping with the wife this weekend near Hawley Mtn. area, hope we don't upset the bow hunters! Well, if they are hunting close to a road what do they expect!

After that, I can possibly make arrangements except I'm not available on Thursday or Friday's (daughters sports activities). Throw out some dates/times and we can see if some of the other Idaho TW'ers are game.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Pick a date and a time/place to meet and let's then do a "roll call" and see how many Idaho TWers want to join in. Sounds like fun!

Riding on the weekend works best for me but do you want to do a meet and greet during the week?

I was also down south of silver city bow hunting this last weekend. Some of my favorite areas. No TW but still a lot of fun.

Harlan

Quote Originally Posted by idaho04 View Post
    Riding on the weekend works best for me but do you want to do a meet and greet during the week?

That's a good idea. I live in Meridian. Where do some of you other Idaho riders hail from?? Perhaps we could meet somewhere for a burger or wings and have a pre-ride "meet and greet."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links