The Admiral made me do it.....
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sure haven't been on the bike as much this season as in seasons past. In my defense, it has been very hot and I have had lots of projects to tinker with.

Many of us at times need and can appreciate the inspirational efforts of Forum members. For me it seems, the Admiral struck a cord that sent me off into the hills last weekend. Turned out to be a long day, for I always manage to get so focused on the ride out, I seem to forget it is likely to require as many miles to return home. After about 110 miles, I was kind of tired, but it sure is good to get that mountain air pushed up your nose.

Have lots of extra pixels left, mostly of rough rocky sections. If I had one of those Nascar camera set-ups allowing me to film the trail ahead and what I just rode over I may have got to watch my nice tool kit plant itself on the trail. Oh well, i'm sure it will really make someones day, perhaps it will be the same adventurer that found the first-aid kit I dropped two months ago, geeezzzz.

Tony, your next buddy. I also came across an old cabin that I included in a section of video. Will try to edit that into a section of 'rough' road. Gerry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEV_OCiMJMQ

Take care my Friend.........

mrgizmow, The video adds so much to the rides and the photo's and are fun to watch and listen too. One day I'll hopefully get to the point of adding video, but heck I'm just getting the knack of adding photo's. And you know I love the lookouts!

Truelight and I went on a ride yesterday (with Georgie), to an old lookout site of course. I'm not sure if I inspired him to come along, made him do it, or if he is a willing participant! ha ha

Truelight took a lot of good photo's so I'll let him tell his side of the story, I mean ride! We had fun. Thanks to this forum we were able to meet and ride with a fellow forum member.

Truelight, our TW's.

I wonder if Georgie thinks I made her come along, or she wanted too? I think she wanted too! ha ha

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Truelight and I went on a ride yesterday (with Georgie), to an old lookout site of course. I'm not sure if I inspired him to come along, made him do it, or if he is a willing participant! ha ha

Truelight took a lot of good photo's so I'll let him tell his side of the story, I mean ride! We had fun. Thanks to this forum we were able to meet and ride with a fellow forum member.

Indeed... I will tell my side of the story and present some photos too! I had a great time and enjoyed the company of both Admiral and Georgie. Let me first say that if any of you have any doubts that Georgie really -does- ride on the back of Admiral's TW, I am witness to the fact. That dog is an amazing little rider and handles the ups, down, bumps, ruts, you name it like a champ and loves it!

She is a better rider than me, who had, shall we say, a "close encounter" with the gravel road on the way back. Without too much damage to my ego, let's just say that my downhill braking skills on gravel could use some work. Kudos to Admiral who helped get me on my feet and home again. Doc says there's nothing broken on me, but I'll be "resting" as some put it on the forum. I'll have to inspect the TW today to see how it took the spill. I rode it after the tumble, so I'm guessing it's probably just some "road rash" to the plastic and a little bending of the left turn signal. I might be looking for a new plastic headlight "bezel" (if that's the right term) if you know where I might get one.

Here's a couple of my photos below and here's a link to a whole lot more - Packer John Lookout Ride

This isn't my site, but more on one of the spots we went - Packer John Crash Site

Georgie and Admiral

Hard to beat Idaho for great backcountry scenery

I think Admiral needs to get some riding gear like this for Georgie! (grin)

Any other riders in the Boise area who wanna join us next time? Let us know!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

YOu are lucky Guys......... Gerry

Gerry - You've infected me with the "Admiral Bug". Watched your video about 4 mins after you posted and had to take to the Red Hills of Alabama and scratch the ride itch! Sorry no pics, but it was a blast adding 67 miles to the odo of the 07 T-dub!

mrgizmow...I have worked WAY too much this summer....I have a long distance ride on the big bike for October....but I really need a high country ride before the snow falls...any chance of putting together a long weekend ride in northern CA...you are a hard days drive from me...so it would be load TW in my pickup and DRIVE to get up towards you...then a couple days riding and a run for home in the truck...

How about something in maybe the third week/weekend of September? I work for a school district and they are killing me with back to school and projects that didn't get finished over the summer...I did a 13 hours day today....I NEED a ride....

Ron

Bakersfield, CA

04 Harley Ultra, 06 Victory Hammer, 09 TW200, 07 TTR 125, 07 TTR 50

I am flattered that you would consider driving that distance, then invite me on a ride. It would be a pleasure to ride with you, but not sure If I could do two days with spending a night on the ground. Hunting season is comming up in September, at least in my area. Perhaps a few of us could meet in Williams off I-5 and get a motel room for a couple of days and ride the Mountains West of Elk Creek/Stonyford. I will PM you my phone number and we can talk. Gerry

Hey there fellow Idahoan.

Im from Twin Falls. I have a buddy in Hailey that also has a t dub. We should plan a ride some where around featherville or the trinities. What do ya think?

I m new to the forum and I have some pics of our trip to Baja i'd like to post but can't figure out how to do it. It may be beyond my capabilities but if you can give me a hint on how to do it I'd appreciate it. Mike

Admiral, You are not telling us whether you need the headlight plastic because its scratched (or destroyed). I'm not sure how much you are into cosmetics, but I have a blue one (off of a 1993) thats yours if you want it. I've had fair luck using bedliner black gunk to flat black borrowed plastis so thats an option if you want to go basic. Let me know if you are interested in a gift plastic. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Hi Peruano,

You guys are great on this forum offering the headlight shield. Unfortunately, it's my riding partner "Truelight" which may need the shield you are offering. His TW is a 93 also. You can see the damage to his headlight shield when he let his TW rest for a minute, in his post in the Technical section under "Nice Graphics don't pay". If he hasn't read this by sometime tomorrow morning, I will PM him with your offer.

Take Care and again thanks, your very kind.

Kris
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links