Moab Area
Close

Thread: Moab Area

I've been lurking and learning for months. I've learned a lot! Wife and I got a pair of 08's late last year and spent this summer learning to ride them in Michigan. Looking at 7-10 days in the Moab area next spring, and need some recommendations for easy/moderate days trips. We've been on Onion Creek and Chicken Corners with the jeep a few years back, and we're thinking other trails similar to that level would be fine.

Hey Diver~

We took a couple T-dubs to Moab earlier this year. They did great! We rode all levels of difficulty and didn't have an issue. We did find some deep sand that made the t-dubs work extra hard to deal with. And I had a few close calls decending steep slickrock, particularly on Hells Revenge.

Here's the thread:

http://tw200forum.co...h__1#entry10324

I would highly recommend buying the Moab trail guide book. I have both the 4x4 and atv versions. I prefer the 4x4 version as its geared more towards street legal vehicles (like 4x4's and dual sports).

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/1934838004
    ~Davey

'89 TW200

'94 Suzuki Sidekick

Moab is a great place to ride I don’t know how long of rides you like to do but a few years ago before my TW I rode a 250 Honda and we did the White Rim trail it was about 150 miles round trip from Moab but I loved it. The scenery was so beautiful just make sure you take plenty of water with you. I plan on doing it again sometime next year and I can’t wait. I have done Onion Creek several times and love it. I don’t care for riding on the slick rock just give me a nice trail.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by darnold87 View Post
    Hey Diver~

We took a couple T-dubs to Moab earlier this year. They did great! We rode all levels of difficulty and didn't have an issue. We did find some deep sand that made the t-dubs work extra hard to deal with. And I had a few close calls decending steep slickrock, particularly on Hells Revenge.

Here's the thread:

http://tw200forum.co...h__1#entry10324

I would highly recommend buying the Moab trail guide book. I have both the 4x4 and atv versions. I prefer the 4x4 version as its geared more towards street legal vehicles (like 4x4's and dual sports).

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/1934838004
    Hope I'm replying right...new to this thang! Ordered the guide off Amazon and one for Colorado as well(we have a kid in Vail). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lakesideboo View Post
    Moab is a great place to ride I don’t know how long of rides you like to do but a few years ago before my TW I rode a 250 Honda and we did the White Rim trail it was about 150 miles round trip from Moab but I loved it. The scenery was so beautiful just make sure you take plenty of water with you. I plan on doing it again sometime next year and I can’t wait. I have done Onion Creek several times and love it. I don’t care for riding on the slick rock just give me a nice trail.
    Thinking that the White Rim is a little too much for us at this point. We'll surely do Onion Creek. Thanks!

Sponosred Links