HOORAY! my secret spot is not destroyed!
Close

Well I went back to see how much logging was done and to my surprise there were only 2 trails destroyed! As I cruised around all the remaining stuff I found a trail I had never noticed before due to overgrowth. It was really tight and had steep run ups. I love finding a trail that I have been riding right past for 7 months. Next spring I think I will make a place to attach my machete to clear the trails out a bit.

fall light through the trees

a little creek that has a water fall just below where I was parked.

waterfall in the background

self portrait

I love the hallway in the trees effect

Im pretty sure that Gollum lives here.

I was thinking you should keep an eye out for Sasquatch! That sure is beautiful country. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

I carry my machete on my belt out in the open, makes the Bears think twice about getting too close. Glad to hear you didn't lose the area.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good call on the machete, I usually carry my XD 45 when I am going deep in the woods. Mostly just in case something goes really wrong and I have to stay over night in the woods. We have a lot of blackberry bushes here and I have had my neck sliced up real good by the thorns! No fun. The hard part is stopping to work when I am having so much fun riding!!

Looks like great place to ride! I carry a fold up saw in my backpack. never know when u need to cut a few small branches.......
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

I also carry a folding saw, cuts the bigger stuff with a lot less effort than a machete. I'd like to pack a handgun but unfortunately we can't here in Canada. The rifle I carry is more than enough for bears(444 Marlin, 265 grain Hornady FP's at 2300 fps) but getting at it is not as easy as a handgun. The last bear I ran into was when I was descending a loose rocky trail that was so steep I don't think I could have stopped the

bike. The bear was in the middle of the narrow trail and was not moving, just standing there watching me slide towards him. At about thirty feet I was planning on running into him and hoping that in the ensueing confusion I could get the rifle out of the case and turn him into a rug. The bear finally stepped into the bush when I hit the horn and stood five feet from the trail and watched as I skidded by him trying not to make eye contact. I don't normally think about using the bike as a weapon but I couldn't help but thinking the expression on the Bears face said, LOOK, lunch is being delivered today.

Wow man, sounds sketchy. I sure would hate to have to pull a trigger on anything but if it is me or them well...then, ya know...BANG!

I bet the TW would make a decent battering ram! Hell they weigh around 250lbs dont they?!

The only bear I have actually seen while riding was runnin his ass in the other direction! Most my buddies I ride with are the "macho I got my bike all hot rodded up" type so thier loud exhausts pretty much scare away anything. I on the other hand prefer a quiter bike and avoid being seen.

I cant tell ya how many times some idiot at the bar or wherever snickers when I tell them I ride a 250 and a 200. Then they go on to explain how I need to get the 450+ bike. So, I ask, "Do you ride trails?" and they usually reply, "No, but my buddies do and they all have 450's" There is nothing quite like getting schooled by someone who doesnt even know what they are talking about. I just say "ok dewd, I will do that" with my best sarcasm. The mountain bikers will do it too. "Oh taking the easy way out with a motor huh?" Obviously anyone who says that does not or has not riden technical trails. Like surfing, I never even bring up dirt riding in conversation, nor do I promote it. Well not to people that dont already do it!

Sponosred Links