Quick ride
Close

Thread: Quick ride

Didnt take too many pics, but Azsandrider and i went putting around. I found out tw's dont like sand...not enough power to do anything. Still have a full throttle miss but oh well. Check out the videos.

Video 1 has a great hillcimb in that doesnt show the steepness. Theres a nice ledge that i loose my mo but manage to keep the bike up. Notice the bros in the jeep give me a "thumbs up bro" How cool is that i mean really thats just pure awesomeness... Anyway...

Video 2 is a crash..

Video 3 is a boring sand wash with a few saves from both of us..

Video 5 Tim falls..

Video 6 is a nice creek/rock garden

Video 7 is fun..

http://xdac.smugmug.com/4x4/TwVideos...313074_7rHtKZt

2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Bad Smurf!

You didn't tell Azsandrider to air down, didja?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Good video's. They remind me of why I hate creekbeds and rocks. Tough work. Then throw in the sand for good measure.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Actually the rocks were the best part..i need to find a skid plate before lizrddude does...i hit mine a few times and it hurt.

i was at 10 psi on front/rear and i think he was 14/14
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

My theory is that it's the hit from the nasty rear shock spring that messes you up with the stock tire more than the tire itself. Airing down softens the hits and makes it less of a controlled crash.

Anyway, FWIW I run hers at 10/10 all the time. A heavier person might have to chill a bit in the rocks, but it's less of a pingpong game in the rocks too, so you have better control to go slower.

Worth a shot. If I'm wrong and you bend a rim I'll give you a smokin' deal on a used one and throw in a slightly scratched Barry Manilow album.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

First time I ridden out in this area in 20 years. I'm a little rusty on the 2 wheeler, but by the end of the day I was feeling my 'mojo' and was having fun (after the sand washes). Which was good because that last hill was nasty at the top, with wallowed out areas from Jeeps creating a 2 foot ledge. There was a Jeep coming down when I got to the hard part and he moved over just enough, as I was 'on it' with all the TW had for the ledge and jumped up it. The guys in the Jeep were giving a thumbs up. Katt was hanging back 'cause he figured I would fall on the hill, but I just used speed & momentum to get up the hill & surprised him. (Using momentum is something I know, but its hard to put into practice all the time on a dirt bike as falling at speed hurts when you mess up - and I'm pushing 50, so I don't want to hurt much any longer. After the hill, we started really 'tearing up' the trail (for TW) as I had my dirt bike riding confidence back, at least for the rest of the day.

It was great day of riding. Beautiful weather & no dust, as it rained the day before.

When I can, I'll put up my photos.
    T. Wight

Mesa, Az.

1994 TW200

& other toys...

looks like fun! May have to get one of those helmet cams..
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

My photo link:

Photos
    T. Wight

Mesa, Az.

1994 TW200

& other toys...

Sponosred Links