slick leaves are greasy
Close

Tuesdays have been my day! I went out this morning into the 38 degree air and poached some mountain bike trails. With all the maple leaves on trail it sure was slick. I dropped my air pressure down to around 10 p.s.i., what a difference. I had a great time skidding the back tire to turn the bike on sharper turns. Felt kind of motocross-ish, sliding into the apex then drop the clutch and burn WEEEEEEEEE!

I sure love skinny mtn bike trails

Funnnn! skinny trails are so much fun and good for practicing ur slow speed balance.....
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Amen man, the 2 best trail riders I know (ktm 200's) recomended working on going slow, standing, through the bumpy stuff and climbs. It sure helps. Also riding the TW on singletrack has improved my ability to carry momentum (less power). When I get back on my WR, there is so much more power that it seems easier! I getting close to prefering the TW to the [email protected]#

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Starting to sound like Tuesday is "the" riding day. I went out for a ride yesterday, and the starting temperature was very similar to your's. 38*F (ish). Didn't have to worry about greasy leaves on my ride though...no tree's near the trail. If I were you, I'd been using those trails too. Looks like a pretty and fun place to ride. I check the tire pressure on my TW...12 psi for this day. Good grip. Thanks for sharing your Tuesday ride.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Great Pics, Yamamont! I've been enjoying some cool weather riding here in NJ myself. Thanks for sharing.

Poaching MTB trails? Please don't tear them up! We lost a very nice MTB trail in Maryland when some dirt bikers poached it,tore it up then the green police closed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    Poaching MTB trails? Please don't tear them up! We lost a very nice MTB trail in Maryland when some dirt bikers poached it,tore it up then the green police closed it.

Well the TW is no dirtbike, and I dirt jump these trails on my dirtjumper (26 inch), I also helped build a fair amount of these trails. The best thing about the TW is the fat tires with low air pressure barely leave a track at all. I would never think of riding my WR250f in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamamont View Post
    Well the TW is no dirtbike, and I dirt jump these trails on my dirtjumper (26 inch), I also helped build a fair amount of these trails. The best thing about the TW is the fat tires with low air pressure barely leave a track at all. I would never think of riding my WR250f in there.
    Thank You!

where im at in ct i have to worry about oak leaves and pine needles. maple sucks too!

Quote Originally Posted by mr zannini View Post
    where im at in ct i have to worry about oak leaves and pine needles. maple sucks too!

for sure, the leaves have forced a lesson on two wheel drift! Fall riding is my favorite.

Sponosred Links