Gauging interest for a TurtleFest, Southwest.
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Anyone have any interest in attempting a semi-major assemblage of TW's next month? Ronnydog and I have been discussing this for awhile and we're trying to plan a weekend that will be mutually inclusive to the most members, in a location that somewhat splits the driving distance evenly for the SoCal and Az. crowds.

Maybe somewhere near the border. Quartzite/Blythe/Yuma triangle? Elsewhere?

Busy month for some. Weekend of the 10th. not real bueno for us. Wide open other'n that.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Well I'm selling the TW but might well be interested if you wouldn't mind a DR200 tagging along with the tdubs.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

December is a tough month because of the holidays. Mid January through Feb might be better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'm interested. I also have a friend that might be, but he rides an XT 250.

Wow, I'd love to make the trip but December is tight. If you end up pushing this to January count me in.

josh
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

We could set it up in February, pick a date and place and that would get it past the busy season. Just think-in?

Ronnydog

Aight, then.

Feb. 18-19-20 (President's Day w/e), exact location to be to be announced shortly.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Another question:

How many SoCal folks would be interested in a parking lot poser session/breakfast at Hell's Kitchen follwed by a short day ride in MrDNA's back yard on Saturday, Dec. 10?

http://www.hellskitchen-ca.com/links.htm

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I will keep a watch on when and where you ride, but presidents weekend, we go to a pyro convention in Havasu.

Turtlefest anytime after December sounds fantastic! Presidents day works because of the long weekend, but we're flexible.

Also, I'm good for December 10th at Hell's. Unless it's wet. I don't do Ortega Hwy when it's wet. I'm actually down for Hells Kitchen or Cooks Corner almost any weekend someone is in town and gives me a few days notice to clear it with the boss and open up some time.

As for riding some local trails from Hell's in December, it will depend on the weather between now and then. The main ridge trail (North Main) will be shut down with today's rain I'll bet. That would close out Ortega Hwy to Saddleback peak if they don't reopen it. That's the ride you really want to take if you are coming down here. South Main Divide stayed open all last winter, so that would leave us with Ortega Hwy to Wildomar/Temecula on South Main and some of the old truck trails, which is not nearly as interesting a final destination, but it is some dirt. It's a weird place. A mountain range, thickly surrounded by city.

Did I just read "pyro convention in Havasu" on Presidents Day? Hmmm
    Something witty...

2005 & 2010 TW200

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links