40 Percent Chance on a Tuesday
Close
    
    
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member admiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Frosty Hollow
    Posts
    12,976
    In keeping with Yamamont's Tuesday ride tradition, last Monday I planned another Tuesday ride. But there were some weather concerns I had to account for.



    Idaho's Chief Metorologist Channel 7 Accu Weather forcast called for a 40% chance of rain on Tuesday, which could alter my plans. So here's what I came up with:



    40% chance of rain + 48 degree temp +60% Chance it ain't gonna rain = 100% ...lets ride!



    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdXh1t3lBo8[/media]



    For this Tuesday's trip, I plugged in about a half dozen geocaches into the GPS. Usually I use geocaches as stops along the way, not a destination, to places I wouldn't have gone too otherwise. Some places are interesting, some not so much. I go for the pleasure while I ride, and don't really care about the treasures inside.



    First stop "Bring on the Irrigation Water". Brought me down along an irrigation canal. This is one of those "I wouldn't have gone too otherwise" places.





    Old Corral. There is a cache here, but I grabbed it last year so no need to stop...except for the photo op. Don't you just love the sea of dried up wild mustard plant. Sucks getting caught in the TW.





    Here's a couple photo's of the road that borders the local gun club on the left.





    View of the Owyhee Mountains in the Idaho/Oregon border area.





    Just before I reach another cache, I run into this herd of wild horses! There is a story that goes with this.

    A long time ago out in the desert, in the distance I spotted what I thought were some wild horses. As we got closer, well, as you can imagine I was wrong. And my wife won't let me forget! So I have fun with it now.







    Proof I find a cache once in a while.





    To be continued
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

  2. #2
    Senior Member admiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Frosty Hollow
    Posts
    12,976
    Here's some more views from "Pleasant View" cache.







    With the wild mustard weed caught in the TW





    Indian Lady Butte





    Just cruising around and find another of the many corrals. I call this one Orchard Corral as it borders (out of sight) an

    apple orchard.





    Fence line past orchard corral with a Smudge Pot on the post. Smudge Pot or orchard heater was/is used to help prevent

    frost on orchard tree's.





    Georgie and I make it to one last cache for the day near some kind of super secret radio radar sight. Remember my "Invading Oregon" report!!!





    I'm on to something with that whole invading Oregon thing. I'm being watched again by the Adrian Squadron of the Oregon Air Force.





    It was a good ride. And like all things, it must come to an end.

    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

  3. #3
    Senior Member bikerjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Posts
    1,066
    Great pictures. I may have missed this, but does your dog ride on the back of your TW? Very cool!
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member BBMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    103
    You have a knack for great ride reports. I look forward to reading them!

  6. #5
    Senior Member ronnydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Poway CA.
    Posts
    2,099
    It was a good ride. And like all things, it must come to an end.



    [/quote]







    He's just sleepin.

  7. #6
    Senior Member xdac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gilbert AZ
    Posts
    1,076
    Great pictures! I like the sleeping bunny..hes just sleeping right..isnt he...
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

  8. #7
    Senior Member yamamont's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North of Seattle
    Posts
    172
    Well done Admiral! Thanks for keeping Tuesday shred going. We got sheets of raining coming down over here so I spent my Tuesday snowboarding at Stevens Pass. Cant wait to fire up the TW (The Wife) soon.

  9. #8
    Senior Member peruano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lower Rio Grande, New Mexico
    Posts
    1,702
    I love the space in the photos. BTW - it ain't no bunny. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

    Hidden Content

    Central New Mexico

  10. #9
    Senior Member B-dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southwest Utah
    Posts
    2,132
    I like your way of thinking, 60% chance that it won't rain! My brother is a Geocaching nut, and I've been caching with him some. But I'm like you, while the geocaching part is fun what I really enjoy is getting out and going to places I probably wouldn't go to unless I was seeking a cache. It's going to be awhile before I can get much riding on a Tuesday, but I'm glad you seized the opportunity. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the video and the pictures. Yes, I'm afraid that yodel-dog has yodeled his last.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

  11. #10
    Senior Member admiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Frosty Hollow
    Posts
    12,976
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjosh View Post
    Great pictures. I may have missed this, but does your dog ride on the back of your TW? Very cool!


    Yep, Georgie is on the back during most of my rides. I get lots of looks and waves from folks who see her on the back when I'm riding the TW.



    And here we thought the TW was the chick magnet! Turns out it's the dog, not me or the TW!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 10 percent enthenal?
    By Woodi23 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 11:52 PM
  2. Absolute Last Chance for a T-Dub Club Shirt
    By Rohnsman in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 11:54 PM
  3. A Tuesday Adventure
    By Roninboise in forum Trails, Off-road, and Adventure Riding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 10:05 PM