Out on a beautiful Sunday
Close

Well 50*F temps in December and a nice day got the better of me. Plan was to ride the TW to winter storage spot, however it took a couple hours longer than required to get there

Only snapped a few pics, but wanted to share just to keep the spirits up about getting out there and riding!

Stock TW rear tire sucks in this snot-slick snow and slush that was all over the place on the higher elevation dirt roads.

Overall a fun trip through the backwoods with the only traffic in a 1.5hr stretch being a flock of turkeys that crossed in front of me
    ITCB

I guess the pics are a bit redundant. Also: tilt your head
    ITCB

Now that's the spirit, nice little outing. And at this early morning hour, my head is already tilted as I'm not fully awake yet! I'm still not ready to throw in the towel when it comes to old man winter yet. I'm still riding the TW almost everyday up to the mailbox and back all bundled up. Actually plan on a ride this Friday and hope there's no snow cause I hate the traction as you mention, it sucks in the snow. I hope you've inspired someone, somewhere to go for a ride. Thanks for sharing.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Pretty steep terrain in those first 2 shots! you've got some nice looking forest there. where are you riding? We've been really lucky here in SE New England so far with the weather.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

Thanks for the encouragement!

The first two pics are near the winter storage spot, i stopped real quick to make sure everything was settled before continuing the ride. That is right about 1500 feet, here in northern NY. Hard to find elevations that high where I am due to river valley. Trip started out at 480ft elevation, up to 1500 and then never dropping below 1100

Almost rolled 2k miles on the TW for this year, despite getting it in late summer and having a lot of down time due to busted parts. Keep on keepin' on
    ITCB

Quote Originally Posted by operose View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement!

The first two pics are near the winter storage spot, i stopped real quick to make sure everything was settled before continuing the ride. That is right about 1500 feet, here in northern NY. Hard to find elevations that high where I am due to river valley. Trip started out at 480ft elevation, up to 1500 and then never dropping below 1100

Almost rolled 2k miles on the TW for this year, despite getting it in late summer and having a lot of down time due to busted parts. Keep on keepin' on

Thank You!!

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

No idea how this would be for those that like to ride fast. When things get real muddy I generally avoid the trails. Not only am I not fond of falling in the mud, but seems I have a groin muscle that does not like to be called upon to help keep the TW upright. This idea has worked great for me, no slips or slides. Pretty quick to install, and can be carried rolled up on the rear rack. Admittedly, as well as they seem to work, I still avoid the mud. As I generally put stuff like this together on a whim, for me, it is buy and try. I get lots of stuff used in thrift stores so no particular size or brand is available. Gerry

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...h__1#entry9446

Take care my Friend.........

now THAT is cool. My hat is off to you sir
    ITCB

Sponosred Links