Townsend, TN TurtlePalooza!
Close

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Announcing the first annual Townsend, TN TurtlePalooza!

Mark your calendars for the weekend of May 12th and 13th, 2012. Let's see how many TW200's we can get together at one time!

We'll be staying at the Riverstone Lodge in Townsend, TN located a 1/2 mile from the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. You can see pictures of the Riverstone Lodge at http://www.alwaysonvacation.com/vaca...ls/613771.html .

I've blocked off 12 rooms under the name TW200. Here is the breakdown of the available rooms. (Note The block of rooms will be held until mid-February at which time they will be made available to anyone else. Book early in case we need more than 12 rooms. The phone number for reservations is 800-854-7358

7 standard rooms with 2 queen beds, toilet and shower - $49.95 a night

1 standard room with 1 king bed, toilet and shower - $49.95 a night

4 standard rooms with 1 queen bed, toilet and shower - $49.95 a night

The property also has 4 Master rooms, which are larger, have 2 queen beds and a full bathtub. These larger rooms are $69.95 and have a private balcony.

The Riverstone Lodge is a nice quiet location right in Townsend, and offers an outdoor seating area and a fire pit where we can sit around and recall how great we all rode that day!

I've got routes planned for a full day of riding both Saturday and Sunday that offers a mix of street, gravel and trail. Ideally you should plan to arrive Friday afternoon or evening and leave either Sunday night or Monday morning if you want to get the most riding time out of this weekend.

If you are pretty sure you are going to attend please reply in this thread so we can see who all is coming. If you would like one of the rooms at the Riverstone Lodge please call them at 800-854-7358 and mention the TW200 rally. For those of you that wish to scout out the area on Google Maps the Riverstone Lodge is located at 8511 Highway 73 in Townsend, TN. For whatever reason Google isn't very accurate in Townsend when you use the street address so use this LINK instead.

If you know anyone who wants to come along but doesn't have a bike, GSM Motorcycle Rental is two doors down from the hotel and they rent KLR's, DR650, DR200, WR250, KLX250S, etc. Check them out at http://www.gsmmotorent.com/ or give them a call at 865-448-6090.

You can PM me if you have any questions about the area, other accommodations, other attractions for family coming with you, etc.

I'm thinking of putting together a pulled pork dinner of some sort for Saturday night. If anyone has any special food needs (Vegan, nut allergies, Gluten free, etc.) PM me directly and we'll see what we can come up with.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

Nicely done, GapRunr.

I've marked the date on my calendar.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Count two bikes in.

BBQ sounds perfect.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thaqt sounds great. I'll start planning for it. There will probably be more from the Crossville area, as I'm sure longroof will want to make it, along with a couple of other posibilities.

Jerry

I may in fact be able to get up there! Thing is my wife is a off-road novice . That being the case will the rides be to much for her?

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    I may in fact be able to get up there! Thing is my wife is a off-road novice . That being the case will the rides be to much for her?

Most of what I have been scouting around as potential rides is a mix of fun paved and gravel roads. There is one stretch I have been thinking about that is double track with a few single track sections and has quite a few water crossings. I'm looking for short cuts around these areas for those that want to bypass. Also, the hard sections aren't very long so someone else could easily ride her bike through and walk back up for their own bike. I haven't decided yet if this will be part of the run. I need to pre run these routes again with the idea that a large group travels slower. I've ridden them often with one or two people but need to rerun them keeping in mind that it takes longer for a larger group to ride the same route. i.e. longer gas stops, bathroom breaks, etc.

I'd like to put everyone at ease in that there is no shame in anyone, male or female, having someone else ride your bike through, around, or over an obstacle that you don't feel up to. The purpose of this rally is to meet other T-dubbers, have fun, and enjoy ourselves. This isn't going to be a testosterone fest where the goal seems to be "who can get hurt doing something stupid first". There will be some sections that some people may find challenging. If they are willing to learn and improve their skills, we're willing to wait for them and help them through these sections. If they aren't up for it, no worries. Someone else can ride their bike through.

Instead of going home beaten and bruised, I'd rather people went home having had a good time and ridden some great roads.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

Looks like I'll have to take the 203/204's off and put some oem tires back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    Looks like I'll have to take the 203/204's off and put some oem tires back on.
    Hi X,

Hope you can make it. You can finally do that loop of Cades's Cove you were wanting to ride.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

was up there the last part of october had a great time with the family. Will try an come back in may

Quote Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
    Hi X,

Hope you can make it. You can finally do that loop of Cades's Cove you were wanting to ride.

jb
    We are going to try. Thing is Roe's back is not in the best of shape. Hot Air Balloon crashes will do that to you. If it gets to rough for her then game over,pack up and go home!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links