Piegon Spring Rd. off Highway 74 out of Palm Springs
Close

Here are some pics of a ride I did yesterday with my future son-in-law - Adam. He took me on what was perhaps the hardest ride I've done - shouldn't that tell me something! [grin] Just click on any picture and you'll be able to page through them. If you click on "view pictures" you'll have to be a member of Facebook. -Jeff

Follow this link to pics and text
    2007 TW "Muley": Cyclerack rear, 55 tooth rear sprocket, Duro Power Grip & Shinko SR241, Clarke tank, Ricochet bash plate, Mule hitch pin quick seat removal, Trail Tech Vapor w/ Dashboard, hardwired Garmin 60csx & 205w, 12vdc adaptor, independent high beam off/on and signal beeper, modified seat.

2000 Yamaha V-star 650 Custom - [sold]

2009 Yamaha WR250R - "Willie Boy" the slimmer faster brother of my Muley.

2009 Hidden Content . Wow, what fun on the highway!

Cool. I had no idea what was down that road.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

good times!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Looks like good riding and nice photos.

Thanks for the sharing.

But, that place is not for me yet... ha ha ha

Nice photo's. I took it slow when I first starting riding on those types of roads, those roads with big rock's in them that would throw me over the cliff! Have gotten better at riding and don't worry about them anymore unless the grade is real steep, or I when I can't see the bottom off the side of the road. Still get nervous there. That fine dirt or sand when trying to go up sure is a bugger. I too had to turn around once trying to go through similar dirt. Son made it just fine in a big powerful dirt bike, but me and the TW just didn't have enough power.

Looked like your ride was really nice. Thanks for sharing your photo's.

Take Care,

Kris

P.S. Unless someone can tell us what the mechanical thing was (logging or mining), I'll end up spending the better part of the next month trying to figure out what it is!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Nice photo's. I took it slow when I first starting riding on those types of roads, those roads with big rock's in them that would throw me over the cliff! Have gotten better at riding and don't worry about them anymore unless the grade is real steep, or I when I can't see the bottom off the side of the road. Still get nervous there. That fine dirt or sand when trying to go up sure is a bugger. I too had to turn around once trying to go through similar dirt. Son made it just fine in a big powerful dirt bike, but me and the TW just didn't have enough power.

Looked like your ride was really nice. Thanks for sharing your photo's.

Take Care,

Kris

P.S. Unless someone can tell us what the mechanical thing was (logging or mining), I'll end up spending the better part of the next month trying to figure out what it is!

I hear ya about rocks, sand, etc. etc. I just started re-riding about 3 1/2 years ago. My Lil' Mule fits me perfectly and I must say I'm getting better all the time.
    2007 TW "Muley": Cyclerack rear, 55 tooth rear sprocket, Duro Power Grip & Shinko SR241, Clarke tank, Ricochet bash plate, Mule hitch pin quick seat removal, Trail Tech Vapor w/ Dashboard, hardwired Garmin 60csx & 205w, 12vdc adaptor, independent high beam off/on and signal beeper, modified seat.

"Off in the distance". Boy there was lots of 'distance' in every direction. If you do what works best for you, many challenges can still be safely enjoyed. Thanks for the link. Did the TW do much better on that sandy climb? The bikes seem like a good start to a productive relationship. Good luck. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    "Off in the distance". Boy there was lots of 'distance' in every direction. If you do what works best for you, many challenges can still be safely enjoyed. Thanks for the link. Did the TW do much better on that sandy climb? The bikes seem like a good start to a productive relationship. Good luck. Gerry

I took it very slow, especially coming down. Adam just coasted (engine NOT on) but then he is 1/2 my age! [big grin] I have my Mule setup to ride almost anything I encounter. Large Duro rear with 6006 front. I did put extra air in the tires before the ride. I was mostly worried about the "Palms to Pines" highway as it is known to have knuckleheads both on bikes and cages going super fast. Muley and I cruised 35-45mph or so and made it just fine. Had to pull off twice to let faster folks by. It was a great ride - and yes, Adam [future son-in-law, 10/10/10] and I have shared some very fine moments. Mostly with me telling him I can't do it, and he telling me I can OR me telling him, hey, I'm not going to drag your butt out of here so don't do that! [grin]

Senior Member Purple People Eater's Avatar
    Cool ride! I definitly couldn't do that ride! I barely made it on last year ride with you guys. Speaking of which, when is the next ride?
    "One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things" - Henry Miller

Hidden Content

Senior Member dstock@alaska.net's Avatar
    Great pics. I think there may be a trend here, my son-in-law loves to take me on difficult rides too. He, being 30 years younger, and having been born on a bike, loves to "challenge" me. Of course the difficult riding does help to sharpen my skills and, surprisingly my TW does a pretty darn good job of keep up with his KTM, most times, when I manage to keep it upright.

Sponosred Links