Spare parts checklist for LD adventure ride?
Close

Does anyone know of a list of parts one should have along on a long distance ride?

Such as levers, tubes, shift arm, headlamp, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ProAm99 View Post
    Does anyone know of a list of parts one should have along on a long distance ride?

Such as levers, tubes, shift arm, headlamp, etc.

What kind of trip are you taking and how far. If you are on paved road, the TAT, etc it would influence what I would take.

Mostly paved I would subscribe to a towing service, carry a cell phone, and take little to no parts.

Otherwise: Carry some extra chain and master link(s), tubes and tube repair kit, air pump (manual or electric), a crutch (to lift rear or front tire off ground-simple to make), extra headlight bulb, fuse(s), stainless steel wire, electrical wire, connectors and electrical tape, schematic of electrical system, extra key, extra quart of oil. A good tool kit that you have used before going on the trip so you know that all the proper tools are there and work well to do the job. Good epoxy glue, super glue, small quantity of grease, chain lube.

On very remote routes I would take a shift arm, brake lever, extra gasket for left side cover and/or gasket material, clutch cable (taped to the bikes clutch cable so it is pre routed and ready for use) I have carried these for years and never needed them.

That's all I can think of for now.

Mike

The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

Quote Originally Posted by TW2007 View Post
    What kind of trip are you taking and how far. If you are on paved road, the TAT, etc it would influence what I would take.

Mostly paved I would subscribe to a towing service, carry a cell phone, and take little to no parts.

Otherwise: Carry some extra chain and master link(s), tubes and tube repair kit, air pump (manual or electric), a crutch (to lift rear or front tire off ground-simple to make), extra headlight bulb, fuse(s), stainless steel wire, electrical wire, connectors and electrical tape, schematic of electrical system, extra key, extra quart of oil. A good tool kit that you have used before going on the trip so you know that all the proper tools are there and work well to do the job. Good epoxy glue, super glue, small quantity of grease, chain lube.

On very remote routes I would take a shift arm, brake lever, extra gasket for left side cover and/or gasket material, clutch cable (taped to the bikes clutch cable so it is pre routed and ready for use) I have carried these for years and never needed them.

That's all I can think of for now.

Mike

All you need is Duct tape and a BF hammer. LOL
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Utah to Alaska on a TW http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=255995

there are at least three threads around here but I don't feel like looking for them now sorry

"clutch cable (taped to the bikes clutch cable so it is pre routed and ready for use)" - TW2007. What a great idea! I'll have to do that.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Sponosred Links