Pony Express Trail
Close

If you ever find yourself near Fairfield Utah -go west- on the Pony Express Trail it will take you all the way to Nevada. Watch for these signs. Wyoming is another great state for following the Pony Express Trail.

The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

Photo looks very nice trail for TW...

This B/W photo made me happy, don't know why ??

Anyway, I hope that I could get more experiences with TW to go over those nice trails.

Thanks for the photo.

Lookout Pass-Another B&W taken on the Pony Express Trail in Utah. The road drops into the Dugway Valley from here.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

**Sigh** The Desert...so much thriving life everywhere! There is a great deal of beauty that is often over-looked by the majority. Even some locals living here in the Great Basin, have no idea of the great beauty that lies around the area and in every direction too! To the North, is my favorite area, it is the Virginia Mountains and is on the way to Pyramid Lake. A series of sculpted canyons lies just thirty-five minutes North of my house. This area, as well as much of Nevada, was under an ancient sea of water about 15,000,000 years ago. The orangish-red rocks interlaced with grays, browns and some purple rock is complimented with specks of Junipers towering over the sage-covered floor; it is a true sight to immerse yourself into. This area just got better to me this weekend, as my buddy with his FJ-40 and I discovered the prettiest area (so far) within these Virginia Mountains; it resides deep within them and is ultimately land-locked by gorgeous mountains laden with canyons.

Alright, enough of my desert sales pitch to those anti-desert people I REALLY need to prove this to you all, except those in ID,OR,NM,UT and AZ - you know what I speak of

-Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    **Sigh** The Desert...so much thriving life everywhere! There is a great deal of beauty that is often over-looked by the majority. Even some locals living here in the Great Basin, have no idea of the great beauty that lies around the area and in every direction too! To the North, is my favorite area, it is the Virginia Mountains and is on the way to Pyramid Lake. A series of sculpted canyons lies just thirty-five minutes North of my house. This area, as well as much of Nevada, was under an ancient sea of water about 15,000,000 years ago. The orangish-red rocks interlaced with grays, browns and some purple rock is complimented with specks of Junipers towering over the sage-covered floor; it is a true sight to immerse yourself into. This area just got better to me this weekend, as my buddy with his FJ-40 and I discovered the prettiest area (so far) within these Virginia Mountains; it resides deep within them and is ultimately land-locked by gorgeous mountains laden with canyons.

Alright, enough of my desert sales pitch to those anti-desert people I REALLY need to prove this to you all, except those in ID,OR,NM,UT and AZ - you know what I speak of

-Adam

And you can see a long way too!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

The last picture look allot like the Karoo in South Africa
    2008 TW200

Sponosred Links