More AZ Riding
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More AZ Riding

Managed to talk 5 "Small tire" TWers into coming out for this ride..3 of the bikes were the same color scheme...great minds think alike! We didn't have any 236cc snobs on this ride so everyone got along great

Started a little later than usual but i had church to go to...rode thru a place known as "walnut canyon". I didn't see any walnut trees..unless those are those tall spiky green things Anyway, it was all fun easy trail until i decided to take a different way back. Ive been on the tracks i had before but it was a few years back on a quad...boy have things sure changed! I lead them up a few nasty hills with no top..and if you didn't keep your momentum you were almost out of luck. Rocks, loose off camber sections, more rocks..rocks that move..cactus that jumps out at you and people taking pictures and laughing when you fall over We all made it up them...but once again i can see where the 70 tooth sprocket and terracross helped me. I was able to keep my speed up over the off camber sections without sliding down. I felt pretty comfortable going up most of them in second gear with plenty of lugging room and if things got hairy a little slip of the clutch and she was happy again. Even in second the front end likes to come up which at times makes it easier to go over a few ledges but you have to have your game face and underwear on.

What goes up must come down...i think that's what they taught me..and to get over to the main road we had one more nasty switchback hill to go up..then we were free!!!!!

Everybody managed to have a tip over..some people more than others..it must be a blue bike thing. Luckily i have a white one now No broken parts..4 sore asses (one guy had a 400 dollar seat so im sure his ass was fine) and a few more scrapes on the body armor and hand guards..

No videos of this ride...just piturs!!!!!

http://xdac.smugmug.com/4x4/1-8-12-tw-Superior/20967039_PSs9Rx#!i=1666087880&k=NRZ3m96

3 minutes after unloading we have our first spill of the day. Glad we got that one off our back early.

Heres superman...lookin good bud

Pic proof of fall # 2

proof of fall #3

Its no laughing matter.

2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Awesome ride pitchers. Great scenery, humans being human (falling), gnarly trails, and wonderful looking walnut tree's. I always wondered what walnut tree's

looked like!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

What a great ride !!

I guess it is good the first or (or second fall/crash) wasn't caught on film.

I have confidence my one and only crash would have made the cover of Crash & Burn circa 1983. Too bad the photos don't tell how steep some of the stuff really was. I laughed out loud at the photos. The jury is still out on the definition of fall vs. crash.

Good people, good ride and good times...all in all everyone had a great time.

By the way, who is superman ? The funny looking Adonis in the all blue outfit or the guy with 3 month beard?

Luckily, we were all able to walk/ride away from our falls and crashes due to the excellent gear we were wearing. I am still laughing at some of the photos.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    By the way, who is superman ? The funny looking Adonis in the all blue outfit or the buy with 3 month beard?
    No no no not the power ranger...the guy who has a rzr but doesn't shave

It was a great ride! I'm hoping by tomorrow I'll be able to finally unload the T-dub from my trailer. BTW, your pics are fantastic.

Now that looks like a lot of fun and my kind of riding! Must have been pretty tough due to all the spills. Thanks for taking us along. Sure is a pretty area.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Cool to get that many dubbers together for a ride! Beautiful country, and great pictures! Always enjoy your ride reports, thanks.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

They say we learn something every day. What I have learned on my TW is that horsepower and gearing each have their own advantages.

On these climbs, many would thing the best thing to do it go wide open. WRONG. With my 15/50 set up, A gear up (second) using the torque then downshifting when you get desperate and keeping the momentum. Too much torque and wheel spin would hurt your momentum and your body.

Kat had his 1270 rear tooth and he was able to manage the power without having the rear spin out of control.

Of course, if someone was riding a 2 stroke 250 or 500, they would probably roost all the way up with a wheelie. These TW's are fun and if willing, we can really learn how to polish up our riding skills without even realizing it.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Looks like a great place to ride! Great pics and cool so many riders. We had 3 in our ride saturday probably because kinda short notice. Hoping to get alot more next ride. Looks like plenty of loose rock to make it very challenging. Better engine shield is next on my list....
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links