Who Needs a Snowmobile?
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Who Needs a Snowmobile?

Yahoo, Finally got snow yesterday so I could test out the tire chains. My intent was to go for a long ride out in the training area, but the snow kept sticking to my goggles. Who needs to see, right? Tell me Georgie doesn't like the howling wind and snow!

Last edited by admiral; 12-10-2018 at 07:51 AM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Yahoo, Finally got snow yesterday so I could test out the tire chains. How old am I again? Weird thing is, after 4 inches of snow, it's all gone after it started raining last night. Was hoping to go out for more than a test ride, and I ain't gonna go ride in this glue-o-matic mud today.

My actual intent was to go for a long ride out in the training area, but the snow kept sticking to my goggles. Who needs to see, right? Well, you can tell the snow was sticking as it was getting on the camera lens too!

Anyway, I took it easy to start with since I've no experience riding in the snow with chains. Riding in the snow yes, tentatively and slow, but not with chains. It wasn't long before I was giving the TW some throttle. Did really good.

Tell me Georgie doesn't like the howling wind and snow!

You'll see I took it a little slow around the corners on account I don't have chain on the front. It was fun. I can't wait for the next snow!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upsoNod3iCw[/media]
    Hidden Content

2007 TW200, Moose Racing Contour handgaurds, Tool Tube, 12 volt socket, H4 bulb, gel grips.

That is AWESOME!
    Hidden Content

2007 TW200, Moose Racing Contour handgaurds, Tool Tube, 12 volt socket, H4 bulb, gel grips.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

You have more balls than i do. I almost broke a sweat today walking thur downtown phoenix to find a hamburger joint..
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Wow, I'm glad we didn't get to see Admiral biff it! It must've felt pretty solid to get up to the speeds you were going. I would think that would be a must have modification for anyone who lives where there is a lot of snow. Fun! Thanks for showing us how well it works!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

I really enjoyed watching that. You are a bit of a wild man.

Cool!

What kind of speed did you get up to?

When are you going to try skis on the front?

Where did you get a chain to fit the TW ? (or is this "custom made?)

Good job Admiral! Given my limited experience I think you will find that chains on the front will help keep you upright when the snow gets thin and you begin dealing with mud. Rear wheel traction is of minimal value if you can't steer. If you want, I will mail you my ski for further testing .. Thanks for having fun for the rest of us. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by Truelight View Post
    Where did you get a chain to fit the TW ? (or is this "custom made?)
    An automotive tire chain in 175/85 14 size will fit, as will an atv chain in 25x8x12. All tire chains should be fitted to the tire before use as there are always slight differences in varying brands of tires. The S style chain mentioned earlier usually has a cable on the sides and cross chains.These would allow more clearance to the swingarm sides. ATV chains also come with v-bars attached to the chain and add quite a bit off traction in certain conditions. Chains give a 300 percent increase in traction and can't be beat when they're needed. Besides they make the vehicle look cool.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links