Norcal low water bridge/red elephant mine trail ride
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Supposed to go bowling in tourny and then match club traveling league Saturday. After looking at weather report which says sunny and mid 60's for saturday, screw bowling....LOL. Anyone for saturday ride? Meet at low water bridge County rd 40/highway 16 at Cache creek in always sunny California! Woo hoo!
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Wish I could. Heading up to Redding for a funeral of an old racing buddy from the mountain bike days. He was only 47, died of a massive heart attack on his third heart. Had his first transplant at 24 due to a virus. Spent the last 9 years raising his son (now 10)in Redding and enjoying riding his KTM offroad.

Keep me posted next time you head out there.

Josh
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

Next time Josh. I'm gonna skip the buck island and fiske creek detours so have more time in Knoxville OHV and the red elephant mine trail. Been checking goggle earth and it looks like red elephant hooks up to a main trail. From our first ride down red elephant I would rate it intermediate but I'll try take some pics of any tricky parts.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Cool, can't wait for the trail/ride report.-jsoh

anybody? ahhh, c'mon. It is going to be about 35 degrees on my ride from Woodland to low water bridge (45 minutes) but once there can change out my heavy gloves for light motocross gloves and go my normal slow speed in the dirt. I'll map out a nice medium ability route so when the days get longer and warmer we can get a nice group ride organized. Supposed to be bald eagles in this area so I'll keep my eyes open and hope I spot one.

One of these days I hope we can connect. You have a pretty straight shot from Woodland up hwy 16. For me, it looks like alot of driving. Interstate 5 would be straight forward and 'fast'. Highway 20 and 16 are nice for a leisurely Sunday drive but not when you really need to get somewhere and the clock is ticking. Maybe Stoneyford & Goat Mt. road in the spring.

Have a good time and show us what the area was like. Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

Gerry, Stoneyford is very nice and have been there with quads/dirtbike about 5 times (extra fuel a must because this place is huge). I would truck my tdub there if we can get a group ride together there in the spring/summer. Its a bit far to ride the tdub (about 2 hours from my house) there which is true for you riding to low water bridge. Bill and Josh both trailered/pickuped theirs to low water bridge last time and were smart to. Don't want to wear yourself out getting to your riding spot...

Mike, how was it? Looking forward to seeing some pics of Red Elephant Trail.

Josh

Josh, had a fun ride. Took off from my house at 10am and light breeze but very sunny/warm. Took my heavy jacket off at knoxville OHV and was riding in a sweatshirt until got back to low water bridge. Both barriers were moved to side of road near davis creek reservoir. Red elephant mine trail was fun but after riding past where we turned around it had a few bigger climbs. Then it had a long steep downward trail which I rode down (and back up) with no troubles but was a little worried because I was by myself with no one around for miles. Then I came to a steep downward trail with a huge 2 foot rut right in the middle. I know I could have rode it down but coming back up would have been hazardous to me and my TW. I decided to turn around and not risk it (forgot to get pic). Rode around knoxville OHV for awhile and have come to a conclusion that it not a OHV park suited for quads and not even that great for dirtbikes. Stoneyford and Forresthill are both alot better. I'll come back and explore more only because its close. Supposed to be a waterfall that I haven't found yet. Talked to a local at low water bridge who was unloading his quad out of a horse trailer and he told me about a riding area/old mines up on highway 20 called walker ridge/indian valley road. Will check it out later.

Was checking "riderplanetUSA" website and found where swimming hole and waterfall are at in "knoxville OHV". Found mud hole/pond last trip so will find water fall/swimming hole next time and see if I can find another way around that steep hill on "red elephant mine trail".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links