Upcoming E. Washington Poker Runs
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'd like to let you guys know about two poker runs that my Dad and I ride with our TWs. It would be awesome if some of you guys could come and ride. I am not associated with either of the groups that put them on, I just ride in their poker runs.

The first one is the Dirty Poker Run put on by the Fringe Motorcycle Club and its on March 17th and 18th. We ride the one on Saturday the 17th (both days are the same).

This poker run is located near Vantage, Wa on the east side of the Columbia River. Its a slower paced ride geared toward families, but it is still very challenging. The terrain consists of sand, sagebrush, hills, dirt, sand, rocks, and sand.

This is a very fun ride because most of the people that participate are very nice and eager to help. Motorcycles, quads, and side by sides are welcome.

I recommend having a riding buddy on this ride because sometimes it takes two people to push the bike out of the sand.

The second poker run is called the Desert 100 Poker Run and is put on by the Stumpjumpers Motorcycle Club and its on March 31st. The actual Desert 100 (100 mile race) is run on April 1st, but we don't ride in it. This ride is located near Odessa, WA.

This ride brings in people by the thousands. Most riders are very good and steer clear of us slower riders.

The terrain consists of dirt, sand, rocks, hills, and sagebrush. We enjoy this poker run very much. You get a hotdog at one of the check points and all finishers get a t-shirt.

Both poker runs consist of about 20 miles and it takes us anywhere from 2.5 to 4 hours to finish.

I'd love it if some of you would come out and ride with us. You are more than welcome to join my Dad and I and we can all ride together and help each other out (I usually have to dig my Dad out of the sand).

Let me know if you want to attend and maybe we could hook up and ride.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

That sounds like fun Rain! I would like to jump in there. We are scheduled to be in central OR in mid March, but the 100 sould be doable.

Thanks for the heads up!

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

Looks like this is doable on the 17th. Myself and a friend will be heading over Sat. morning early. See you there Rainman.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    I'd like to let you guys know about two poker runs that my Dad and I ride with our TWs. It would be awesome if some of you guys could come and ride. I am not associated with either of the groups that put them on, I just ride in their poker runs.

The first one is the Dirty Poker Run put on by the Fringe Motorcycle Club and its on March 17th and 18th. We ride the one on Saturday the 17th (both days are the same).

This poker run is located near Vantage, Wa on the east side of the Columbia River. Its a slower paced ride geared toward families, but it is still very challenging. The terrain consists of sand, sagebrush, hills, dirt, sand, rocks, and sand.

This is a very fun ride because most of the people that participate are very nice and eager to help. Motorcycles, quads, and side by sides are welcome.

I recommend having a riding buddy on this ride because sometimes it takes two people to push the bike out of the sand.

The second poker run is called the Desert 100 Poker Run and is put on by the Stumpjumpers Motorcycle Club and its on March 31st. The actual Desert 100 (100 mile race) is run on April 1st, but we don't ride in it. This ride is located near Odessa, WA.

This ride brings in people by the thousands. Most riders are very good and steer clear of us slower riders.

The terrain consists of dirt, sand, rocks, hills, and sagebrush. We enjoy this poker run very much. You get a hotdog at one of the check points and all finishers get a t-shirt.

Both poker runs consist of about 20 miles and it takes us anywhere from 2.5 to 4 hours to finish.

I'd love it if some of you would come out and ride with us. You are more than welcome to join my Dad and I and we can all ride together and help each other out (I usually have to dig my Dad out of the sand).

Let me know if you want to attend and maybe we could hook up and ride.

Thanks for the info ... I'm in Yakima, and be looking to make this trip. Just found out today, so all will depend on planning. Thanks again for posting.
    Ride Along With Me On YouTube: Hidden Content

Cool guys! See you there!

1990 TW200

The Fringe's "Dirty Poker Run" is on March 16th and 17th (Saturday and Sunday). My father in-law and I plan on riding on Saturday the 16th. This poker run is just on the east side of the Vantage Bridge, then just a mile or so south on SR243.

Stumpjumper's Desert 100 Poker Run is on Saturday April 6th, with the actual 100 mile race on Sunday the 7th. Its in Odessa, WA.

This year Stumpjumpers has a pre-registration for the poker run. It'll save you five bucks and maybe some wait in the morning.

My dad had shoulder surgery last week so he is out, but he said he is coming to be my "pit crew". My father in-law will be going with me.

I'd like to see some of you guys come out if you can. If you want to come and ride alone thats cool, or if you want to hook up and ride with us then thats cool too.

I'm not affiliated with either of these clubs, but I have ridden in their events a few times. So if you have any questions ask and maybe I can answer them for you....you know, kind of the ins and outs of the whole deal.

1990 TW200

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    One more week until the "Dirty"! I'm goin', and I hope to see some t'dubs there and meet their riders.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    One more week until the "Dirty"! I'm goin', and I hope to see some t'dubs there and meet their riders.

Very cool! See you there!

1990 TW200

Please keep us posted on other runs here in the pnw. I live in western wa and would have been with you in Vantage if I had not just got out of the hospital from surgery. I will be up and going by mid April. I feel fine now but know I would be pushing my insides and I sure don't want to tear something loose in there.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    Please keep us posted on other runs here in the pnw. I live in western wa and would have been with you in Vantage if I had not just got out of the hospital from surgery. I will be up and going by mid April. I feel fine now but know I would be pushing my insides and I sure don't want to tear something loose in there.

You missed a good one today! Next one is April 6th in Odessa. I think that one is better than the one today. Better as in more fun. Today was a lot of sand and it was tough, but in the end it was fun.

1990 TW200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links