Naneum Ridges
Close

Thread: Naneum Ridges

Yesterday I loaded up the TW to go for a short fishing trip on the Naneum Creek. In the northeast corner of the Kittitas Valley lies Mission Ridge and one of the sub-ridges is known as the Naneum Ridge. This could easily be reached via the Naneum Road except the lower land is owned by "Plum Creek Logging (aka Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad) and they keep the bottom half of the road gated and locked. Thus one has to go up Coleman Creek Road about 10.5 miles and then you need to pick your way west along Naneum Ridge and drop down to Naneum Creek.

It's a beautiful drive on good BLM and Forest Service Roads and since little logging has been done in this season the traffic on these roads has been very little.

Below are a few pictures from this short day trip. Oh by the way I caught three trout but let them go they were a little small.

Naneum Creek

Nice Camping Spot

Mike
    The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

hey mike, you fly fish i take it? i have used a telescoping ultra light spinner set up before for tdub fishing trips but ive gone back to just a 2 piece break down spinner. i liked the ultra light for flicking flies in shallow water but it just wouldnt stay together well enough. ive been considering picking up an inexpensive starter fly fishing rod and reel combo or a 2 piece break down 4.5' ultralight that would fit in my pack/on the rear rack easily. any suggestions?
    '01 TW200: Tusk D-Flex Handguards w/ Spoilers, Pro Taper Grips, LEDs in Idiot Lights, Headlight Rockguard, Stearns Seat Pad, Oversized Footpegs and a Loud Ass Horn -SOLD
    '91 TW200: Bone Stock

Nice pictures Mike. That place surely is nice! My Dad and I loved the ride up Naneum Ridge and to Wenatchee Mountain adjacent to Mission Ridge. We went riding Friday too. You probably passed my truck parked at The Orchard on your way up.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Nice pictures Mike. That place surely is nice! My Dad and I loved the ride up Naneum Ridge and to Wenatchee Mountain adjacent to Mission Ridge. We went riding Friday too. You probably passed my truck parked at The Orchard on your way up.

You and I were just on opposite sides of the ridge.

Mike

The TW200 may be slow but the Earth is patient.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Last Blog Entry: Plans For 2012 (01/16/12)

Sponosred Links