Hemingway Butte - Man Down Act II
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Last edited by admiral; 11-27-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Good to see you both are ok.Hows the tw

Go for help Rin Tin Tin, I mean Georgie! So it's really true, stuff happens? I hope you're OK, and I hope this dropsy, or taking a nap on the trail isn't contagious. So, did you hit some soft stuff, and the front end just washed out on you? I'm sorry to see you go down, but I guess the only way to avoid that completely is to stay home in bed, and that's not really an option. I hope you feel better soon.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

See what i started!
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Must have been real bad if you lost your helmet and gloves in the fall! Looks like your front tire washed out huh? At least you landed in some (hopefully) soft sand.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

On Monday, my friend Larry and I rode this area. It was a cool light wind day. We were out on our first shake down ride with our, new to us, TW200's. We have been riding dirt bikes for many years and are both in our late 60's. These TW's are our surrender to the aging process.

We concluded that a few improvements could be made to make our TW's more trail worthy:

1. The TW's could stand to be geared lower for the type riding we enjoy.(55 tooth rear sprocket)

2. The tires are a real comprimise, When going up a step trail and we ran into a bit of mud the back tire turned into a slick and lost all traction.

3. A Stearn/Coleman seat cover would help the comfort of the ride. We found some at the local Walmart.

On a side note; yesterday, a National Potitician from back east stopped in Boise and made a statement that is just scary for us outdoor kids. His opinion was that all this waste-land that is just good for flying over out here should be turned over to the States and or sold to private enterprise. I choose to live here because of the dirt biking, hunting, fishing and camping and most all of these activities I do on Public land. So please, you politicions, don't screw it up.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

Glad you are alright.

I just bought me some o' dem MX boots that you can walk around in, that have a sole like a workboot. Seem like good stuff and now I will try to wear them every time
    ITCB

i was starting to feel sorry for you, but then i noticed the ford...so im just gonna turn around and look the other way
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

GEEEEZZZ you guys, you're making TW adventure ridding look 'life threatening' ( ). It is odd how stuff like that can come from right field with little to no warning. Good to hear your ok Admiral. Hope your mend is a quick one Xdac.

A number of years ago, I sold my Honda XR250 to a co-worker. I really liked the bike for putting along on the trails. Nice suspension and plenty of power for me. The morning of my rides, I would go out in my jammies and slippers, kick the bike to life and let it warm up while my eggs cooked. The guy I sold it to went to kick it over in his work boots so he could load it onto a trailer. Seems for what ever reason, the engine kicked back and sheared what ever foot bone connect to his ankle. He needed surgery to pin a number of bones back in place. Go figure, and so many times I was silly enough to start the rig in my slippers without incident.

I had been using a nice sturdy pair of work boots in the past. It was a forum member that showed some nice pictures of his foot after a fall (I think it was a foot, the color was odd though) that got me to change . I could not see myself in a pair of MX boots, so I got myself a pair of Icon Field Armor 3403. Now after a ride all I need to deal with are blisters (). Hopefully some recent heat-gun treatment will take care of that. Take care Friends and report back. Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

Brusied but not broken. I like my new boots

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links