Anza Borrego in Mid March
Close

Hi any SOCAL guys,

I'm going to come down to Anza Borrego SP around the 12th of March for a week or so of sun and sand (hopefully not wind!). Don't know where I'll be camping for sure yet, but if it's warm enough Little Blair is a good bet, otherwise around Hawk Mt./Borrego Mt. Wash Rd. or maybe even in Arroyo Salado. Any good tips for fairly private & somewhat protected campsites are certainly welcome, it's been 20 years since I was there.

Is anyone else thinking of riding/camping in ABDSP from then til around the 24th of March?
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

It's a big place, but any of the areas you've listed or any that are off limits to green stickers are great.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    It's a big place, but any of the areas you've listed or any that are off limits to green stickers are great.

Uh, pardon my ignorance, but what are green stickers? We don't need no stinking stickers up here!

But the TW is street legal, of course, which was the primary reason I bought it, so I can go into any SP or NP or NM where there is a legal road or trail.

I also talked to a lady at ABDSP yesterday who suggested Fish Creek, too. Looks like it might have some protection from NW winds.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Hi any SOCAL guys,

I'm going to come down to Anza Borrego SP around the 12th of March for a week or so of sun and sand (hopefully not wind!). Don't know where I'll be camping for sure yet, but if it's warm enough Little Blair is a good bet, otherwise around Hawk Mt./Borrego Mt. Wash Rd. or maybe even in Arroyo Salado. Any good tips for fairly private & somewhat protected campsites are certainly welcome, it's been 20 years since I was there.

Is anyone else thinking of riding/camping in ABDSP from then til around the 24th of March?

I could come out for the weekend.

Ronnydog

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Uh, pardon my ignorance, but what are green stickers? We don't need no stinking stickers up here!

But the TW is street legal, of course, which was the primary reason I bought it, so I can go into any SP or NP or NM where there is a legal road or trail.

I also talked to a lady at ABDSP yesterday who suggested Fish Creek, too. Looks like it might have some protection from NW winds.

Green sticker vehicles` are non-street legal dirtbikes and ATV's.

If you have a` plated vehicle other, less crowded areas are open to you for riding.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Green sticker vehicles` are non-street legal dirtbikes and ATV's.

If you have a` plated vehicle other, less crowded areas are open to you for riding.

Oh I get it, you mean the area around Ocotillo Wells! I hadn't the slightest intention of going down that way!

Thanks!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by ronnydog View Post
    I could come out for the weekend.

Ronnydog

Hi Ronnydog,

Assuming you are referring to the 16th-18th, I'm planning to leave the truck and trailer in Borrego Springs and take the BMW over to Santa Ana on the 16th thru the 18th to visit an old college buddy. Weather could influence that decision, I'm not going if it's raining in the basin.

What I might do instead is leave BS Sunday and come back Monday or Tuesday the 20th. "Leave no plan unchanged" is my motto. I want to visit Laminar Lip to see if one of their lips will fit the Beemer, so I need one weekday in Santa Ana. It is possible I'll stay in ABDSP until Sunday the 26th, but not that likely.

Please PM me with contact info, your maibox is full....
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Sponosred Links