Hemingway Butte
Close

Thread: Hemingway Butte

Two of use SW Idaho TW riders are heading down to Hemingway Butte for an afternoon ride. I am coming from Boise and Larry is over by Marsing. We plan to head to the back country from the parking lot about 1:00pm and ride for a couple of hours.

I am going to try out my new 55 tooth sprocket. We are both dirt riders and this is my second cruise on the TW.

Happy Trails all,

Ron in Boise

Have a fun ride and don't forget your camera so we can all see some pics....
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Have fun, some rough trails. Watch out for the sand in the creek beds!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Have fun, some rough trails. Watch out for the sand in the creek beds!

It was a great ride. We did 40 miles, mostly trails. Some sand washs, some desert 2 tracks and even a little mud in the creeks where the trails carried us. All the good high country mtns are plugged with snow so this is going to have to due till the back country gets spring. Within 50 miles of Boise there are maybe 1000 miles of high mtn trails with pine trees and fun terrain. I can't wait for it to open up and introduce the TW to its real environment.

Sorry about no photos. I have not mastered the art of posting them yet. I just have not been patient enough to make that process work.

I was really impressed with the power to the ground with the 55 tooth sprocket. Many of the demanding up hill sections were easily navigated in second gear and even at reduces throttle and didn't need to take a run at it. Man, what a tractor. This is my kind of machine.

Well, another great adventure in Idaho and thanks to the TW, I made it home safe and I can do it again.

Happy Trails All,

Ron in Boise

Sponosred Links