Guadalupe canyon winter 2018
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Guadalupe canyon winter 2018

  1. #1
    Member White elephant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South East Idaho
    Posts
    85

    Guadalupe canyon winter 2018

    Anyone interested in a winter trip to Guadalupe canyon this winter. There are cool pools up the canyon and hot springs down in the campo. Been wanting to escape the Idaho cold down there for years. Been to Baja a couple of times in the past but haven't made it to Guadalupe yet. Could trailer some TWs to Southern CA cross over, take a tour or the brewery in Tecate and head down to Guadalupe. What do you think?
    jtomelliott49, littletommy and Ken like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member ronnydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Poway CA.
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by White elephant View Post
    Anyone interested in a winter trip to Guadalupe canyon this winter. There are cool pools up the canyon and hot springs down in the campo. Been wanting to escape the Idaho cold down there for years. Been to Baja a couple of times in the past but haven't made it to Guadalupe yet. Could trailer some TWs to Southern CA cross over, take a tour or the brewery in Tecate and head down to Guadalupe. What do you think?
    I am in been there many times the first time I was there in 1969 .I was there two years ago had a great time at the campground superclean lots of places to ride can be somewhat Sandy though.IMG_0421.JPG
    Last edited by ronnydog; 04-18-2017 at 11:20 PM.

  3. #3
    Member White elephant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South East Idaho
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnydog View Post
    I am in been there many times the first time I was there in 1969 .I was there two years ago had a great time at the campground superclean lots of places to ride can be somewhat Sandy though.IMG_0421.JPG
    Where did you cross the border? I have crossed at TJ and at Mexicali is there a better crossing point?
    littletommy, Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member ronnydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Poway CA.
    Posts
    2,102
    We will want to cross the border Tecate then take the toll road to La Rumarosa then down the grade into the dry lake bed, turn right and on our way to the canyon!

    ronnydog
    littletommy, Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Tweaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,865
    I have been there too quite a while ago. This would be fun my step brother has a place on Mother Grundy Truck Trail in Jamul not far from Tecate we could stage there. Or start in Anza Borrego at Agua Caliente hot Springs and make it a hot springs tour.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

    ” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”




    Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

  7. #6
    Senior Member ronnydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Poway CA.
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
    I have been there too quite a while ago. This would be fun my step brother has a place on Mother Grundy Truck Trail in Jamul not far from Tecate we could stage there. Or start in Anza Borrego at Agua Caliente hot Springs and make it a hot springs tour.
    Might be better to truck all the bikes into camp safely and then right out of there.
    jtomelliott49 and Tweaker like this.

  8. #7
    Member White elephant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South East Idaho
    Posts
    85
    If I come down from Idaho alone will be carrying the bike on the back of my Van. If any others come down with me will probably bring a trailer. I like tweakers idea of touring springs. Wouldn't mind a little fishing in San Phillipe or puertocito.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.

  9. #8
    Member White elephant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South East Idaho
    Posts
    85
    Ronny dog if you're out there. I bought a quad for mr better half. If I hauled the TW and quad on a trailer would there be places to ride the quad from camp?
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

  10. #9
    Senior Member ronnydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Poway CA.
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by White elephant View Post
    Ronny dog if you're out there. I bought a quad for mr better half. If I hauled the TW and quad on a trailer would there be places to ride the quad from camp?

    Yes lots of roads, trails to ride
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.

  11. #10
    Senior Member Rider21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Reno, NV.
    Posts
    433
    Mmmmmmmmm.... Sounds interesting. Never been down there.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Beauty is as beauty does.
    If it works good, it's beautiful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 Suzuki Katana 250 (GSX250R) :)
    By kj7687 in forum Other Bikes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-21-2016, 01:32 AM
  2. Second Lefthand Canyon/Cottonwood Canyon, So. Utah
    By vegasdesertrat in forum Trails, Off-road, and Adventure Riding
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2015, 09:51 AM
  3. Canyon de Guadalupe ride
    By Purple People Eater in forum Trails, Off-road, and Adventure Riding
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 01:46 AM
  4. Canyon De Guadalupe Hot Springs March 22-25
    By ronnydog in forum Trails, Off-road, and Adventure Riding
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 12:23 PM
  5. Canyon Road
    By TW2007 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 11:56 PM