First ride of 2012
Close

Well the wife said we should put the license back on the bike last night so I could go riding on the weekend. This sounded like a great idea at the time, but as I found out it was a little too early yet. Dropped her off at work at 5:55 AM and headed back home for another coffee, watched the sun come up...sort of. Played on E bay for awhile and then the sun broke out from behind the clouds.....GAME ON! Out to the shop and pulled out the Tdub, flashed it up and went to get ready while it warmed-up. Three layers of thermals, WetSkin suit, helmet, goggles, gloves. All systems go and I headed out to the lakes. About 20 Kms from home I hit snow on the ground but the wheel tracks were bare, by 30 Kms it was on the road and gettin slippy. Turned off at the next lake and had a look around, then I saw it. Big black clouds were rushing in from the direction I just come from and it wasn't looking good. Climbed back on the bike and headed back right into the storm, first a few flakes, then the hail, followed by frozen rain. It started to sting the face but that soon passed as it all went numb. Then it was back to the big white flakes which were sticking to the road tracks and covering my goggles.

By the time I reached the highway I was soaked and cold, but somehow it was worth it as I was back on the Tdub! I pulled into the drive way, ran to the woodshed for an arm load of wood, then straight to the warm comfort of the woodstove to thaw.

The bike is now sitting out on the driveway oozing mud and I will have to venture out soon and clean it off before putting her away till another day, but for the first day out this year it was GREAT! Here is a few pics I took before the fingers went numb.

Well thats all for now, least till the snow is gone!
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

Wow that's some beautiful scenery! Right out of a postcard.

Man, that was an awesome first ride! What an adventure, and very worth you braving the cold, snow, freezing rain, and hail (from my point of view) Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing them with us.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Oh my! That is some beautiful country. Awesome, just awesome! I can't wait to see some more ride reports and pictures.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Gorgeous photos! (and this from a semi-pro photographer). I'll look forward to seeing more shots from you.

Thanks guys, always glad to share. Be better if some of you Tdubers would be able to ride along as the pictures dont do this area justice. Just got word my new Wingman HD action cam came in at the Post Office today, now I can share some videos as well, but not till the snow is gone! We got snowed out again at work today, plowed out a foot and with in two hours there was another three inches..... its the first day of spring for cryin out loud.

Hope to have more ride pics soon, Chris
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

Great pictures, and I guess, a cooold ride. I have not been that brave for a couple of years. I don't recall ever hitting new, fluffy snow. By the time I got to it, it was pretty set in it's ways and a real chore to get thru. Hope you're warmed up by now. Take care. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

These pictures are worth much more than merely a thousand words.

Thanks for sharing.
    Ride Along With Me On YouTube: Hidden Content

it is funny, the bikes get all the attention ,almost like a hot babe !

Man-o-man,what a beautiful place!.....thought I would see a sasquach(spelling) fishing...hehehehe!.

Sponosred Links