TW200 first ride, first impressions!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I did my first ride with the TW200 this afternoon and would like to share with you thoughts I had while living that moment of excitement ;-)

It was a cold and foggy afternoon (1C).

The first thing that struck me when I left home was how the first gear was short! It seems so strong that I surely can pull a train wagon with no effort ;-) Pretty cool to know your bike got some juice, but it's a bit annoying at a STOP or red light.

Shifting through gears made me happy as it was really easy and smooth. The 5th one came pretty quickly. I was wondering how I would get this thing to hit 60mph! A bit later on the road I had the chance to open the throttle a bit. At 45mph I was really doubting there would be any kind of acceleration left. I twisted the grip, and to my big surprise, the bike started to accelerate at steady paste and brought me to 60mph! Wow! Another smile on my face ;-) The little engine was revving pretty fast but not enough to have me worrying about it. My old Honda CM250 seems like it is about to explode at that speed compared to the TW.

Speaking of noise, the engine sound, while going at average speed, made me think of the old TRX300 my father had when I was young. There's that kind of knock knock between your legs... From what I red here it is OK and that did not bother me at all. I also heard the "loose bold" noise coming from somewhere on the right. Probably something near the exhaust. I don't know. But it made me feel I was part of the gang since my bike doing the same thing as yours! ;-)

While riding home I realized why this bike is so easy to love. It made me feel like I was riding the first motorcycle I had when I was a kid, a CT70! It brings back memories! You can't beat that thing...

All in all it was a 1 hour trip around town that brought joy in my heart. The TW is a really fun bike and I can't wait to ride it again! Hopefully I'll be able to try it in some "back country" conditions and see how this little thing handle the trail!

Thank you for reading my endless post ;-)

Foggy day

Exploring a construction site

My first mud ;-)

Great post and pics! That looks like a fun first ride on the tdub!!

By the way I hate you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (o; "NOT". Just because you already posted your first photos and it took me a year to figure that out.. By the way we have 2 06 dubs in our family.. Love the blue color combo.Try going with the 14/47 sprocket combo.. It makes first gear useful and it makes cruising above 55 smoother.. OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thank you guys ;-)

@omm, I already bought a rear 47 after reading good comments here about the 14/47 combo. Did not installed yet, I wanted to try the bike stock first to see how it was and be able to compare, to have a before/after.

Congrats on your first ride Guitarman! Sounds like your already hooked, soon you'll be skipping work and taking two hours to run and get milk from the corner store. The more you ride, the better it feels and soon those "noises" wont bother you anymore.
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

Is the stock front sprocket 14?

Great post & report! Enjoy your new ride.
    KJ

2008 Yamaha TW200

2011 Kawasaki Versys

2012 Suzuki V-Strom-ADV

2013 Honda CRF250L

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Thank you guys ;-)

@omm, I already bought a rear 47 after reading good comments here about the 14/47 combo. Did not installed yet, I wanted to try the bike stock first to see how it was and be able to compare, to have a before/after.
    Hi , did you buy tw200 new , what year is it ?

I am trying to buy 2005 or newer in Ontario but yo can not find them here , shops hate them , they call them sh..t but private owners do not want to sell them .LOL

How about that .

I had few people calling me ,just to tell me they own one but wont sell . What up with this?

Looks like a good first ride.
    ~Davey

'89 TW200

'94 Suzuki Sidekick

Yes the stock front is 14.................... The stock 122 link chain will work but if ya want to make it right then go down to a 120.. That will give you all the normal adjustment length back.OMM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links