Fringe Dirty Poker Run
Close

Our poker run was a success. We had a great time. Thanks to Goldenhtr and his friend for coming out and riding with us, as we had a great showing of TW's

It must have rained the night before because the sand was damp which made for good riding. The temperature was in the low to mid 30's when we started out, but went up into the mid 40's with an occasional light breeze. We were all bundled up, but within the first couple miles we started to peel of clothing because we were hot.

The route turned out to be just under twenty miles. It consisted of lots of sand, some rocks, hills, and twisty corners. This year seemed to have an over abundance of whoops.

They served us chili at one of the checkpoints which was okay but it kind of hit the spot.

I fell once in the sand and later on had a disagreement with a sagebrush. No damage to report. My Dad however managed to fall pretty hard twice which created a few laughs.

I'll get more video and pictures up, but enjoy this one. There are times I wish I could say I am not related to him and this is one of those times. Where he was going I do not know. He said he was, "looking for a shortcut." Look at my shadow, I raise my arms up in disbelief. You can't see, but there are two guys at the bottom of the hill who raised their hands up too. We were all in shock to watch what he did.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9G-_xiu6Us[/media]

Okay, here is the edited video and some pictures.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8L-QTJqYlQ[/media]

Here is our route. The magenta is from Saturday. Black is last years March poker run, and red is last year's July Poker Run.

If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

I look a lot like your dad at times. Wish I lived closer so I could ride with you. Of course riding with me would be like riding with your dad. You'll be asking me "where the heck I'm going and why did I do that" a lot too! Giggle. Look forward to more of this poker run.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I look a lot like your dad at times. Wish I lived closer so I could ride with you. Of course riding with me would be like riding with your dad. You'll be asking me "where the heck I'm going and why did I do that" a lot too! Giggle. Look forward to more of this poker run.

I just have to be patient. Heck, the guy is 63 so just having him out there is very cool. My father in-law is 66 and rips on his bike, but he has been riding his entire life.

You'd be more than welcome to ride with us. I'd pick your bike up off the ground anytime!

He does some not so smart things but this one just takes the cake.

1990 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I recognize that engine sound of a TW going over the whoops! I hate whoops. So does Georgie! Looks like a ton of other riders where doing their fair share of falling over as well. After seeing the whole video, I think my riding style is between your dad and you, but closer to your dad! he he. I noticed your terrain is very similar to down here. And you have a Sand Hollow as well!!!

Thanks for sharing, cool stuff.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Total tangent comment, but we all are aware of environmental impact etc. etc., but do you guys think the TW, due to it's fatter tires better than the typical dirt bikes? Seems they tear up the trail more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiway View Post
    Total tangent comment, but we all are aware of environmental impact etc. etc., but do you guys think the TW, due to it's fatter tires better than the typical dirt bikes? Seems they tear up the trail more.

With the TW's lower power, I usually don't get a lot of roost off of the rear tire. The bigger cc bikes shoot dirt for 50 feet sometimes and with their skinny tires, they tend to dig into the dirt while the TW floats on top of it. So yeah, I think the TW has less of an impact on the environment than skinny tired big cc bigs.

But its also very important to stay on the trail, especially in a sandy area. Enough guys travel through one vegetated spot and it turns into a sand trail.

1990 TW200

Sponosred Links